Site Sponsors

Thread: Pentax 645D. Miracle.

Post Thanks / Like

Pentax 645D. Miracle.

HI there!
    I have a question about my Pentax 645D camera. I bought it about a year ago and still can't understand if it's a defect and I have to fix it or it's just my missunderstanding.
    Let's say i need to shoot a valley with shutterspeed 1/100, aperture F22 and with 3 shots bracketing, value 2.0. I use M mode. What I need to have is three images: 1\100 F22, 1\400 F22, 1\25 F22.
    The problems are: 1. my camera changes not only shutterspeed but aperture as well by it's own way. it gives me f11, f14,f22 or whatever while I need to keep it strictly on 22.
    2. when I try to set my brecketing parameters being on M mode by holding pressed EV compensation button #3 and turning rear e-dial swither #15 I can't go further than f16 and my first shot of the series gonna be with f16.
    I studied manuals from head to toes but couldn't find any answer.
    So my question is how can I use brecketing with complete manual mode and aperture paramaters that I need without any camera's auto interference and restrictions. Thank you for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pentax 645D. Miracle.

Just a guess, since you are shooting with constant aperture of f/22, have you tried aperture priority mode and bracketing, just curious?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Makes no sense in manual mode you can't adjust the shutter speed. Btw you are get diffraction effects at F22 , should really try to avoid that far stopped down as your degrading your resolution with diffraction .
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pophoto View Post
    Just a guess, since you are shooting with constant aperture of f/22, have you tried aperture priority mode and bracketing, just curious?

Can't use Av coz this mode never let you choose parameters.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This might be a wild shot, but set the "Green Button in TAv & M" in C5 to "Tv Shift." that might lock the Aperture. The other way is to simply manually bracket. You can also use Av with exposure compensation to set any particular SS.
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    This might be a wild shot, but set the "Green Button in TAv & M" in C5 to "Tv Shift." that might lock the Aperture. The other way is to simply manually bracket. You can also use Av with exposure compensation to set any particular SS.
    WAW! got it! thanks alot indeed! "Green Button in TAv & M" in C5 to "Tv Shift."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am glad it worked. Those engineers are just so transparent.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad it worked. Those engineers are just so transparent.

Shashin! Do you know how to set ISO on 100? I turned C1, #3 on but I still have it on 200 or more. Thank you.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

In C1, I have the expanded sensitivity set to 2 (on). I then just set my ISO with the ISO button near the shutter release with the rear dial. If you cannot do that, then I am at a bit of a loss unless some kind of auto sensitivity option is on or the bracketing is limiting you.

Post Thanks / Like

In C1, I have the expanded sensitivity set to 2 (on). I then just set my ISO with the ISO button near the shutter release with the rear dial. If you cannot do that, then I am at a bit of a loss unless some kind of auto sensitivity option is on or the bracketing is limiting you.
    Yep! that's what it is! some kind of auto sensitivity option is on. but still can't understand where is it to turn it off. thank you anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ersler View Post
    Yep! that's what it is! some kind of auto sensitivity option is on. but still can't understand where is it to turn it off. thank you anyway
    Manual and Bulb are the only modes, to the best of my knowledge, that don't allow an auto ISO option. When any of the other modes are selected, use control dial on right top back side to select the menu group next to the camera icon. Menu screen one at the bottom allows you to turn auto ISO on or off and set the parameters if you select auto on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wood View Post
    Manual and Bulb are the only modes, to the best of my knowledge, that don't allow an auto ISO option. When any of the other modes are selected, use control dial on right top back side to select the menu group next to the camera icon. Menu screen one at the bottom allows you to turn auto ISO on or off and set the parameters if you select auto on.
    OMG! It' sjust highlights correction was on. Danm! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a Pentax 645D, but I guess this thread has just touched on some of the options that Pentax is providing to it's clients -

As a person who has a Phase One 645DF, I wait for Phase One to bring out a modern camera body that will compliment the truly fantastic IQ180 back.

Glad you were able to sort out your understanding of the control options on your Pentax.

Mal