The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa SWA and STC

thrice

There is no helical for a Copal #3 shutter that can be mounted onto an Alpa mount. A #1 shutter is hard enough.

Steve C

With respect to using great 4x5 lenses with a digital back, consider solid tech cameras that take flat board mounts and have bellows for focusing, such as Linhof Techno, Arca Universalis, M2, Cambo Actus. Especially good with longer lenses and bigger shutters.

darr

With respect to using great 4x5 lenses with a digital back, consider solid tech cameras that take flat board mounts and have bellows for focusing, such as Linhof Techno, Arca Universalis, M2, Cambo Actus. Especially good with longer lenses and bigger shutters.
I hear what you say and understand the versatility of the view camera design. My first MFD camera was an Arca Swiss (AS) ML2, but I discovered there was a bit of slop in its focusing (like all view cameras I have used) that was a PIA with digital. In my film days, it was not such a big deal, but with digital I was looking for the best precision. I found the precision I was looking for in a pancake design with an ALPA. I probably would have been just as happy with an RM3d, but it was not available at the time and my guess AS realized the market was there and was in the designing stages.