The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is Mamiya 55mm SK leaf lens the same as non Mamiya SK

flyrcairplanes

Hello,

First post. I promise I looked before I posted as this may have been asked before. I am looking for a 55mm leaf shutter lens for my 645df+ and IQ160. I noticed that B&H sells the Mamiya 55mm LS SK lens and phaseone sells an SK 55mm leaf shutter lens. Are these two lenses the same? I tried to ask Phase but did not get an answer.
thanks

kdphotography

For the most part, the Mamiya LS lenses and the Phase LS lenses are the same. It's been claimed that the Phase lenses (D series/LS SK series) have tighter quality controls---don't know if that's really true or not.

But notably, both have this really stylish silver band around the lens. :D
If you're really fashion conscious, you'll want all your brand names to be the same. :ROTFL:

ken

flyrcairplanes

But notably, both have this really stylish silver band around the lens. :D
If you're really fashion conscious, you'll want all your brand names to be the same. :ROTFL:

ken[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ken for your reply. I occasionally will read something about manufacturing in different countries and I really don't know what is real anymore. That's probably the way the companies want it. As for the silver band it isn't a deal breaker. I just paint it red to match my canon lenses:D

shlomi

Mamiya and Phase LS lenses are the same quality.
Mamiya and Phase D lenses are not always the same quality.
There are older Mamiya D lenses which are not as good as the more recent ones. If you buy D lens from the store and it is new stock, then Mamiya and Phase will be the same.