The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

'BACK' message on CFV-50 LCD--what does it mean?

spotmeter

I was out shooting my 501CM with its new CFV-50 back when a flashing yellow box with the word BACK in black letter appeared on the LCD screen. I turned off the back and turned it on again--and again the flashing yellow box with BACK in it.

I looked through the manual and could not find any reference to this.

Is it an error message?

If so, what does it mean?

Thanks.

This is a Battery warning.
The information is located on page 36 of the CFV50 manual.

A warning on the display appears as a flashing yellow icon in the top right of the screen signifying that the battery should be charged (or changed) as soon as possible. The warning icon will also appear with a FireWire connection and will in addition turn red to signify that the camera battery is completely exhausted.

is there any chance to check the capacity of the battery before i start a shooting?
i have two batteries and every time i go on location i have to charge both - just in case, even i if i don't plan for a long time shooting. it's weird!