Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad HTS 1.5 + HCD28 = Vignetting?

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad HTS 1.5 + HCD28 = Vignetting?

Hi All,

I have asked at HasselbladDigitalForum already but it seems to be pretty quiet there, so I'm duplicating my questions here

I've got an HTS 1.5 recently and pretty happy with that, except one little thing - attached to H4D50 with 28mm, no lens shade, f/16, and with full 18mm shift in landscape position for panorama, it starts making quite a vignetting in the corners. Here come 2 questions:
    1) Does anyone else experience the same?
    2) What about 24mm? Does it produce vignetting with HTS? It's also HCD lens and while I was planning to get it in the future, now I have some reasonable doubts about it

Cheers,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad HTS 1.5 + HCD28 = Vignetting?

Hi Mike,

I use both the 28mm and 24mm with the HTS (on the ancient yet venerable H3DII39) and when you shift to 18mm you are including the area outside of the image circle (hence the vignetting). With less extreme shifts or tilts I have zero vignetting on both of these lenses with the HTS. Our tools have their limits and I see no reason to have doubts about this issue (not implying you shouldn't have doubts about other issues). I know it's not the answer you expected, however, I hope it helps.

Kind regards,
    Derek Jecxz
    www.jecxz.com
    www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHlop View Post
    Hi All,

I have asked at HasselbladDigitalForum already but it seems to be pretty quiet there, so I'm duplicating my questions here

I've got an HTS 1.5 recently and pretty happy with that, except one little thing - attached to H4D50 with 28mm, no lens shade, f/16, and with full 18mm shift in landscape position for panorama, it starts making quite a vignetting in the corners. Here come 2 questions:
    1) Does anyone else experience the same?
    2) What about 24mm? Does it produce vignetting with HTS? It's also HCD lens and while I was planning to get it in the future, now I have some reasonable doubts about it

Cheers,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

The HCD lenses have smaller image circles than the HC lenses and are intended for the smaller sensors, you have less room to shift and tilt with these. There are very few(if any) medium format digital lenses under 30mm that you can use with significant shift.

Post Thanks / Like

I just answered in HasselbladDigitalForum, but I can duplicate my answer here. With the HCD 28mm and 18mm shift, I see a minimum corner vignette at f/8. Phocus corrects it perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

How well does the HTS work with the 35mm lens?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies guys! I was just checking if I'm having an issue or it's pretty normal. Anyway, any input and anyone's experience is valuable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    How well does the HTS work with the 35mm lens?
    No issues with 35mm. Also, despite HTS is, technically a teleconverter, I didn't notice any image quality degradation