The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GigaPan Epic Pro

cerett

Has anyone had experience using the GigaPan Epic Pro with a Phase or Hasselblad camera? If yes, how well does it work and how practical is it? Other than cost, any obvious drawbacks? Thanks

jagsiva

I have tried it with a D800. Cables for the DF need to be customized.

main issue is shake in any kind of wind. I had it on a RRS RVL34 and mounted directly. Also had the RRS horizontal mounting bracket with is supposed to be sturdier.

If you are doing dozens of images in a large pano, one or two frames can ruin the entire shoot. I have found the best way is still the manual RRS pano kit.

stngoldberg

I have used it extensively with a Hasselblad H4D50. The only drawback is the file size and the computer capacity needed to stitch
Stanley