The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New - Cambo Actus View Camera for Sony A7

maki-b

Just a little thought. This could be a very nice system for interiors/architecture photographers that can not invest 40K on a new DB and a tech camera. Most of the times a 36MP (Sony) sensor hass enough resolution for the 95% of the clients (at least mine) BUT if i can not shift with wide angle lenses, as TORGER explained in detail, what is the benefit?
It is small = portability = interiors/architecture/locations/landscape…
I don't think it was designed with a product/still life studio photographer in mind as user.
If this "system" could work properly (no problems with color stability, sharpness…) using SK Digitar & Rodenstock HR lenses (with shifting and tilting of course) I will buy it immediately BUT Torger explained well that it doesn't. I am not an expert in this field, but i imagine you will have the same problem using the Mamiya/Phaseone lenses, designed for DB with CCD sensor.
Yes, i could use the Canon TS lenses instead, designed for CMOS sensor, but why, i would keep using them on my Canon bodies.

Steve Hendrix

I see an RZ67 lens up front in one of Cambo's product shots.

Does the RB/RZ lens board vignette the image circle?

'Cos I'm thinking - why not have a rear camera plate in Mamiya/Phase 645 bayonet mount? On this rig, you'd have loads of back focus clearance for that camera (63.3 mm) in conjunction with those lenses (105mm RZ, 112mm RB). They would also be fine with the Contax 645 (64 mm) and Pentax 645D/Z (70.87 mm).

Who's up for tilt-shift with all RB/RZ lenses on your 645 MFD cameras? :thumbs:

Ray

This is of course already possible with the existing Cambo X2 Pro.

https://captureintegration.com/cambo/cambo-x-2-pro/

The new Actus camera will not be able to accommodate a Mamiya 645 body (nor a Nikon D4/Canon 1DS) either (or D800/5D-MK III if you include the extra battery grip). However, sizes up to D800/5D-MK III can accommodate.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

ondebanks

Ray, you should look at this:

Novoflex - Tilt-/Shift Bellows

It has all kinds of camera and lens adapters.

Thanks, Will. That's a nice alternative - has the M645 camera option - but no RB/RZ lens mount, alas. Short of DIY-hacking an RB lens mount onto an old view camera lens board, it seems that Cambo (X2-Pro) and Hartblei are the only two who can connect those lenses to the M645/645AFD cameras. [Did Hartblei ever produce their first run of adapters? The webpage says "the adapters will be delivered in 2012"]

Ray

Sunchai

Hi Ray,

It may be fun to see the Mixer Cam M645 and RB lens.
As I am hesitate to posted the picture in this Forum I have posted it in
"Show us your Tech Cam"

Have fun

Sunchai. :D

fotophil

I have trying to fit RZ 67 lenses to my Pentax 645D - as of a couple days ago Stefan indicated that the adapter is still work in progress. They are having trouble locating a helicoil for the focus mount.