The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One announces a short zoom

torger

( still can't understand why there's no pc 35 in current dslr lens lines… )
Me too, that's actually one of the reason I started shooting MF tech, because there was no 35mm tilt-shift for my Canon. With the 1.4x III + TS-E 24 II one gets an okay 35mm, at least on a 20 megapixel camera, but it's not more than acceptable. However, with an adapter you can use a rare Contax 35mm shift lens (no tilt) with good results I've heard. I want tilt too though.

ondebanks

which lenses would you like to see next and why?
An f/2.0 aspherical ULD prime in the 40/45/50 mm range. NOT leaf shutter.

Why? Because full-frame 35mm land is blessed with very fast, very sharp standard and semi-wide primes. If the IQ250 is to compete with those bodies, in those sectors, it needs the lenses to go with it.

I'm compromising by selecting f/2.0 instead of f/1.4...for weight & cost reasons.

If I were Henrik Håkonsson, I'd offer this new lens as the "kit standard" with any body + back combo. The days of the 80/2.8 standard lens should be over, especially with cropped backs like the IQ250. The new lens would be priced at $3k on its own or effectively at $1.5k in a kit bundle.

Ray