The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645DF new firmware 1.58 and DM33… stable ?

archivue

i've read on an other forum : 'I tested the 1.55, 1.57 and 1.58 not stable at all for the mamiya 645DF with the DM33.'

really ?
i thought that at least… all my problems will be solved… while i'm really happy with the quality of the file with the DM33 mounted on my RM3D… i don't consider my DF as a professional camera due to stability and errors… i'm using the Arca or the D800 instead… what's a shame really !

I have the same set up, and had major problems in the past with 1.55 and 1.57 … the 1.58 was supposed to fix it :

Updating to version 1.58 (or newer) requires Firmware Updater 3.3, available from:
Firmware Updates for Mamiya Leaf
Firmware version 1.58 is a major stability update, and addresses numerous scenarios of “Err DB”, “Cap DB” and “No DB”
Firmware version 1.58 is highly recommended for all 645DF cameras.

I don't have the battery grip, i have to borough one… shall i give it a try, or is the 1.58 still a bad idea for my set up ?

in case i have some trouble, are the old firmware still online ?

Thanks

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The poster on the other forum said "If you want the autobracketing back in conjunction with the C mode you have to downgrade to the... 1.25 version".

Do you use auto bracketing in C mode?

We don't have any df non plus bodies anymore, nor do we have any dm33 anymore. So I can neither confirm not deny such issues.

All the previous firmware is available via your dealer. They are small files and easy to email.

steve_cor

I have a Phase One 645DF+ camera body, with the DM33 digital back. I upgraded the body to firmware 2.27 for the same reason, that it provides increased stability, and addresses the possibility of inappropriate errors of “Err DB”, “Cap DB” and “No DB”.

Now the multiple exposure mode, which you normally use with continuous motor drive, doesn't work. The camera locks up after the second exposure. I also tried single shot mode, but the camera still locks up after the second exposure.

I wonder if I should go back to firmware 2.20, which was a lot better than this. It seems they didn't test the new firmware with Leaf Aptus II backs.

--Steve.

archivue

The poster on the other forum said "If you want the autobracketing back in conjunction with the C mode you have to downgrade to the... 1.25 version".

Do you use auto bracketing in C mode?.
No…

All the previous firmware is available via your dealer. They are small files and easy to email.
it looks like that the firmware adapter app allowed you to choose…

i've just update it, so far so good, but i need to use it more to make shure that everything is ok...

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
it looks like that the firmware adapter app allowed you to choose…

i've just update it, so far it looks good, but i need to use it more to make shire that everything is ok...
It allows you to choose based on what you've previously downloaded (which sits in your user/library/application support/phase one/ folder, and what's recommended to download currently. If you don't have a specific firmware version and need it for a specific reason (this should be rare, but does happen) then you can get that version from your dealer.

Sounds like you've got the one on your computer already that you needed - so you should be all set!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
i cannot find that phase one folder !
You're probably in the wrong "library".

You need to be in the user library, which under recent Mac OS versions can be found by going to [Finder > Go] and then holding down "option" which will reveal "library" as a choice.

archivue

You're probably in the wrong "library".

You need to be in the user library, which under recent Mac OS versions can be found by going to [Finder > Go] and then holding down "option" which will reveal "library" as a choice.

Perfect, as usual !

Many, many thanks !