The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will a Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock power an IQ180 back?

Jeremy

Hello all,

According to Belkin's website, the powered dock does have 12v output, but does it have 12v Firewire 800 output?

I have an email into Digital Transitions and Belkin, too, but wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with my current situation.

In about a month I'll be running an IQ180 with a topped out 15" rMBP, but I'm 1 port shy of what I need:

1 ethernet port
1 mini-display port
1 12v powered firewire 800 port

My thought is to get a Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock as it has the firewire 800 and gigabit ethernet built in. Leaving me a Thunderbolt port free to hook up to the monitor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Phase One US has had good success with this combination.

We have one on order to try out in house as additional/independent confirmation. But I've been out of the office since Tuesday of last week, visiting clients around this beautiful country of ours, so I don't know if it's arrived.

Belkin won't know anything useful about this. I wouldn't bother following up with them. Think about the percentage of their customers that use high-end digital backs :).

Jeremy

If it is working for Phase One US, then that's really good news!

Any idea when you'll be back in the office to provide an independent confirmation?

I also believe you're the guy we'll be seeing when our system comes in here at TXSTATE for install/training.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
If it is working for Phase One US, then that's really good news!

Any idea when you'll be back in the office to provide an independent confirmation?

I also believe you're the guy we'll be seeing when our system comes in here at TXSTATE for install/training.
I'll be in the office Wednesday. But probably Scott will be doing the testing and in any case we'll get back to your email as soon as we're confident in our results.

There are four people on our team who typically do install and trainings; I can check when I'm back in the office if I'm the one assigned to yours. Regardless you'll have someone with experience and knowledge! :)

Jeremy

Well, I hope it's you, Doug, but that's just because I'm familiar with your name from this forum and would like to put a face to it. You were hiding off-camera for most of the Color webinar :)