The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEW PHASEONE CAMERA BODY NEW?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I won't claim that there has never been a sync problem between the AFD/DF and even DF+ with various backs but that has only ever been due to firmware versions out of sync, or low battery power. The biggest issue I ever had, and it drove me nuts for a long time, was the infamous mirror up, time delay or cable release 'thunk' that would require the back & DF body & batteries all to be reset. However, that's a thing of the past for me with the current generation batteries, the current firmware in the backs and bodies.

Another one to watch for is with the lens and body not being in sync with each other. I've had AF fail and require the lens to be released and reset even with the DF+.

However, I've never had a long delay between shooting and the back becoming ready. It's about a second and then beep you're good to go. If you're getting DB errors with Phase body and Phase back then it needs checking over.

stephengilbert

First off using all cap when posting is the same as shouting which in itself really turns me off.

+

There are forums where people love to bash Phase and DMF in general. Maybe they'd appreciate your views more.

Ben Rubinstein

I'll happily agree with you as to the ridiculous price for the DF but reading all caps gives me a headache so I gave up trying to read the rest.

fotografz

Hi ALL.

I would like to know if someone knows if its going to be a replacement of the phase one 645df + near soon before to purchase another brand camera.

After pay a big amount of money for an IQ160 KIT WITH PHASEONE 645DF BODY AND 80MM LENS… I m hopeless that it is worth the money being in 2014 with a expensive system that it does even include weather sealing, camera /back does not have a very good relation ship, waaaaaaaay to slow,

I m thinking on selling everything and purchase some of the 35mm good options with all their lenses and still having money to buy a car , and when need it, rent a medium format system.

I feel kind of screw after buying a camera body that just do not work fine with this back and on + have to buy a new update soon….

Thanks for your time.
You did not know the system was not weather sealed, and that MFD cameras are slower than 35mm DSLRs before spending that amount of money? Really?

Then, as others offer friendly advice you start SCREAMING the same thing over and over, basically ignoring their experienced advice.

You sir, are on the wrong forum.

- Marc

Ken_R

Maybe I have been lucky but my PhaseOne system has worked great from day 1. Whether it's tethering using my IQ160 with my Hasselblad H1 or that same combo untethered out and about or the IQ160 on the Arca RM3Di, everything has worked so far. I have not tinkered with the gear at all.

Regarding the DF+ camera, I used one at a DT NY event and it worked great. I could shoot the model in the studio quite predictably and efficiently. Nothing felt wrong to me. Yes, the camera is slower than most DSLRs after all but all MF cameras are.

My experience with my Hasselblad H1 has also been similar (even though it is a beat up well used body). I shoot with the H1 wide open all the time and AF performance is quite reliable. Again, DSLRs are faster, specially in challenging light conditions but with the H1 I got the shot.

nenes

You did not know the system was not weather sealed, and that MFD cameras are slower than 35mm DSLRs before spending that amount of money? Really?

Then, as others offer friendly advice you start SCREAMING the same thing over and over, basically ignoring their experienced advice.

You sir, are on the wrong forum.

- Marc
There is not right forum ,and ido not ignor friendly advices , i just did not get one. The only thing i have heard in this forum was how good phase one system works and how ignorant i am using my own equipment:banghead:. It looks like you all get paid from phase one brand:salute:

Don Libby

There is not right forum ,and ido not ignor friendly advices , i just did not get one. The only thing i have heard in this forum was how good phase one system works and how ignorant i am using my own equipment:banghead:. It looks like you all get paid from phase one brand:salute:
Actually this post doesn't surprise me a bit.

Guess you skipped over about half a dozen posts where you were given advice. If you can't understand the concept of speaking to your dealer about your problems or checking the version of your firmware then you my friend are beyond help.

The bashing has to stop. I thought there were several posts here that were aimed at attempting to help you with your perceived problem however you need to get your head out of your a$$ before you accept the possible solutions that have been offered.

Do I sound pissed? Yes I am. When I and several others offer advice to a head strong troll that does nothing but complain that pisses me off. It also turns me off so you can remain in the dark and keep complaining about how bad your equipment is and how bad it sucks because it appears to me that no matter how much we try to help you really don't want the help but would rather sit around and complain. Just another example of it's never my fault and always someone else's.

Best of luck in your future complaining campaign.

Me, I've got much better things to do.

nenes

I won't claim that there has never been a sync problem between the AFD/DF and even DF+ with various backs but that has only ever been due to firmware versions out of sync, or low battery power. The biggest issue I ever had, and it drove me nuts for a long time, was the infamous mirror up, time delay or cable release 'thunk' that would require the back & DF body & batteries all to be reset. However, that's a thing of the past for me with the current generation batteries, the current firmware in the backs and bodies.

Another one to watch for is with the lens and body not being in sync with each other. I've had AF fail and require the lens to be released and reset even with the DF+.

However, I've never had a long delay between shooting and the back becoming ready. It's about a second and then beep you're good to go. If you're getting DB errors with Phase body and Phase back then it needs checking over.
I apreciate your time and you are right, i could post like 100 feedbacks of DB errors and reset batteries or many tricks to make the phase one work but....realy, i do not have time to be all the time looking for firmware updates tips and tricks...etc i just want it to work what i paid for...this is not the first digital camera on the market but works like if its will.... Anyway in this forum i am just suposed to be agree with brands ,and every body seems to be super dupper soo enjoy your gear and have a nice paid for:chug:

mesposito

To the OP, (nenes) I can relate to your anger, (a lot is riding on this stuff working) but I have to tell you that the people on this forum are the nicest around.

If I were as unhappy as you are, I would move to something else that you feel more comfortable with. If you believe that the quality is a must have for your kind of photography, then I would hang in there and get everything checked out to make sure it's all working correctly. If it is, maybe the MFD workflow/experience just doesn't work for you.

That wouldn't be the end of the world either. As you say, you can buy a car after going back to 35mm.

Zerimar

Typically it may be a good idea to try out and test the limitations of such an expensive camera system and weigh out the options with your shooting style before buying it. Also, if you're a led finger drive mode person then something like a 1Dx may be more suited for your style and frustration.

The speed of the MF system can cause some people to slow down and think about what they are shooting, and in turn help create better images. At least that's how it works for me. 35mm for some jobs and MF for others, different tools for different projects.

PeterA

I have to admit that I did at first smile and then laugh out loud reading through this post.

Congratulations to all the regular forum guys in trying to help this poor chap.

but Phase One /Mamiya 'emperor' hasn't been wearing any real clothes for years - great marketing company though -:)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
If it is a grey and rainy day and I need something to laugh about , I will just reread this thread and :ROTFL: