The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are there any different Focusing screens for Mamiya 645

Hello,
are there any differences between the focusing screens on the Mamiya cameras AFDIII and DF?

Are the screens with micro prisma something like an indicator for the right focus? I have seen this in older cameras from my grandpa :)

Could i use a focus screen with micro prisma and the autofocus from the camera as alternate?

Several questions, but you guys are good out there. Thank you.

best mueller

Last edited:

Paul2660

There used to be a bunch of them, I used to have several different versions however sold them off and went back to the basic one that comes in the DF.

I had a grid, version for a while, and and several different "brighter" versions that were not much brighter.

It's bit of a pain as they are easy to unclip with the tool, but getting them to stay closed without scratching is a bit of trick. I had a problem with my DF that needed to go back to MAC group as the holder kept coming loose and the whole screen dropped down on the mirror and scratched it.

Just be careful and make sure you have them tight.

Paul