The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

@ GetDPI owners - Just a thought

jagsiva

Guys,

Any likelihood of a subscription based hosting area where we can build up a library of Lens samples, MFDB samples, RAWs, LCC's etc.?

I'd be happy to pay into such a service, and of course contribute content. I think it'd be most relevant to MFDB shooters given the file sizes, and the scarcity of most kit combinations, especially when you're into some of the tech camera stuff.

jagsiva

What's wrong with the free stuff our members already give?
Not sure I understand. If you mean, we can request and get most of these things, yes that is true. But it is a one-off request each time.

What I am suggesting is a structured library of MF digital assets that can accessed by members that subscribe to it. I'd be fine having with GetDPI joint IPR if this is an issue.

It would do two things, a. create a centralized store for such assets and I don't believe such a service exists today, and b. be a revenue source and create value in this site.

It would be a win-win as far as I can see.

Last edited: