The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S replacement at Photokina

tjv

Did you see the "new" Leica S-E? Why do Leica insist on "uglifying" their lower tier cameras? Why green with a silver shutter dial? I'm reaching for a spew bucket!

tjv

On reflection of the new Phase announcements, the Leica offerings are positively perfect.

anGy

Did you see the "new" Leica S-E? Why do Leica insist on "uglifying" their lower tier cameras? Why green with a silver shutter dial? I'm reaching for a spew bucket!
?
Based on B&H the Leica S-E is the current S-006 with the same design

peterv

Indeed, but I like the minimalistic approach. The less clutter on the body, the better for me. Keeps my eyes relaxed :)

fotografz

S-E rhymes with Ugggggly. Still USB-2

S Type 007 @ $26K body only … expected. At least it is USB-3. IQ will be the determining factor. Don't care about video.

My S2P is feeling very secure right now ;)

I'll put any budget into lenses.

- Marc

RVB

37.5mp is disappointing.. But higher ISO,wifi and live View with 3.5fps are nice..

USB 3 is welcome but a max shutter speed of 125sec from CMOS seems ridiculous.

I'll be keeping my 006

Rob

JeRuFo

Always strange that you have to go to a different website than Leica's to get specifications on a camera, why don't they ever put those up in a normal way. It's okay that you don't want to put the megapixel count in the little stories, but it should be on there somewhere.

anGy

Always strange that you have to go to a different website than Leica's to get specifications on a camera, why don't they ever put those up in a normal way. It's okay that you don't want to put the megapixel count in the little stories, but it should be on there somewhere.
You can download the technical data on the Leica official website.
They contain all needed tech details.

http://uk.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-S/Leica-S-E/Downloads

A

.:Aleph:.

How big a print can Leica handle and how big a print do you need?

RVB

Peter Karbe said the Lenses can resolve 2um sensors,so they are a long way from being tested by this sensor.

I was hoping to see the 5.3um pixel used in Sony's new Exmor sensor which would have given close to 50mp!

torger

I guess they use the exact same CMOS sensor technology down to the pixel level as in the Leica M. Multiplying 24 megapixels with the larger image area you end up with 37.5 megapixels. So if interested in raw sensor performance per pixel it's probably identical to that of the Leica M.

Making a smaller pixel usually means a whole new manufacturing process so it's a much bigger deal. Going to as small pixels as Sony's sensor would probably also make it more evident than Sony still is in a class of their own concerning raw sensor performance.