The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One: Photokina 2014; C1v8, IQ150, Alpa Alliance, P+ Upgrade, Warranty Info

nenes

Finally the people is opennig their minds and see the overprice of phaseone products and that they get a poor,very poor camera body.
The people does not expect nothing from phaseone, they just want to change body.
Capture1 is in most cases the reason of people staying in phaseone system phaseone now that and play with it

nenes

The price of the new phaseone body (the decade it will appear) must be terrifying nowing that a 15years old body cost 6k....imagine how much it will cost the new one looking at the prices of the DIGITAL BACKS AND THEIR "UPGRADE PROGRAMS"

Mammy645

As a longtime user of PhaseOne I'm very disappointed. I expected the new camera years ago, but that I can accept. What I do find rather insulting at this point though is the fact that they don't tell us what they are working on and when we can expect it. Seeing how they don't even have a prototype it's more than likely years away. Either way, they have gone from being overly secretive to just plain taking their customers for granted in my opinion. That H5X is starting to look pretty attractive.

nenes

As a longtime user of PhaseOne I'm very disappointed. I expected the new camera years ago, but that I can accept. What I do find rather insulting at this point though is the fact that they don't tell us what they are working on and when we can expect it. Seeing how they don't even have a prototype it's more than likely years away. Either way, they have gone from being overly secretive to just plain taking their customers for granted in my opinion. That H5X is starting to look pretty attractive.
How much do you think it will cost to change the plate of an iq160 to hasselblad h5d? I did not want to spend more money in MF but the 645df is a pain in the......i just cannot keep going with it.
When i upgrade the from p40 to iq160 i was promised a new body but that never happen
I am open to a hole h5d system trade

kdphotography

How much do you think it will cost to change the plate of an iq160 to hasselblad h5d? ....
What's a few thousand dollars among friends? :rolleyes::angel:

Then there's the wash you get to take selling your Phase DF lenses... :facesmack:

Then there's the new technical camera MFDB plate you need to get to match your new MFDB H plate...:facesmack:

H5X---oooh, shiny and only about $8K. Then you realize you now need to start (re)acquiring lenses for that shiny H5X... :eek: Accessories?

Yeah, the thought has crossed my mind... I just may do it. :loco: :ROTFL:

ken

iiiNelson

I think what you have here is a case where companies at the top are hesitant to change the formula to success or become market leaders in development because the reality is image is valuable enough.

It seems happens in every industry when companies get to the top and then the bean counters begin to run the company which tends to silence the excitement of the innovators. Look at Apple, GM (at one time,) Toyota, Volkswagen, Leica (at one time,) Canon, or Nikon.

shlomi

It's acceptable (barely) that they've missed the deadline.
It's not acceptable that they said not one word about it.
The honorable thing to say is something like: We've tried our best to have the body ready for this show. Unfortunately development is running a bit over schedule, we hope to see it released 1q15 or something like that.
What's the point of pissing so many people off, I wonder.

nenes

It's acceptable (barely) that they've missed the deadline.
It's not acceptable that they said not one word about it.
The honorable thing to say is something like: We've tried our best to have the body ready for this show. Unfortunately development is running a bit over schedule, we hope to see it released 1q15 or something like that.
I better do not say nothing:cussing:

gazwas

Unfortunately development is running a bit over schedule, we hope to see it released 1q15 or something like that.
It will take much longer than that to have Phase One printed onto the FPS MkII enabling them to charge a additional 25% premium for their "Fine Art", "Luxury" camera system.

Just downloaded C1P8..seems pretty nice...Nice improvements in adjust layers..
First ever local WB adjustment! I'm surprised it took this long for any Raw conversion utility to get a feature photographers would've killed for since color photography was a thing.

Paul2660

First ever local WB adjustment! I'm surprised it took this long for any Raw conversion utility to get a feature photographers would've killed for since color photography was a thing.
Actually LR has had this for years in the adjustment brush i.e WB adjustment. The only difference is the LR does not give you the local layer to turn on or off.

But like you I am so glad C1 has this now. I have begged them for this in local adjustments for years.

From what I can tell in C1 the local layer WB adjustment over rides the image master WB for the area selected in the local selection.

Paul

hogweed

the camera body was never promised for this show btw

rumors were, that there may be an announcement in Q1 2015, may..be.
I'm still on a Hassi V System, waiting (and working patiently), but if this new body is on the market and it does come with a WLF option I'll be first in line to change mount. Most manufacturers have the bad habit of announcing products way ahead. I'm very glad P1 isn't (anymore).
(A friend of mine bought into the Sinar P3+ SinarM System, with back and lenses when it was released, because they promised an Action Module (kind of Ipad, HD brick, to work on location) Well it never came to the market. Luckily somehow he could afford to switch brands.)

shlomi

It was never officially promised, no one is contesting that.
But it was expected and known that the company intended for the camera to be released somewhere around 14/15.

The company is taking the let's say Central European attitude of saying absolutely nothing and therefore it can't be accused of any wrongdoing.
I think an open and honest dialog with its client base is a more respectable option, but maybe it's just me.

Steve Hendrix

It was never officially promised, no one is contesting that.
But it was expected and known that the company intended for the camera to be released somewhere around 14/15.

The company is taking the let's say Central European attitude of saying absolutely nothing and therefore it can't be accused of any wrongdoing.
I think an open and honest dialog with its client base is a more respectable option, but maybe it's just me.

I agree - I think a statement at least, would have been nice. We know it's real, and we know they're working on it, and that is has taken this long means that - one hopes - it's going to be fantastic, maybe more than we expect, the way the IQ backs were when they first popped out.

But I agree I think a statement from someone at P1 acknowledging that it has been expected and asking for just a little more patience goes a long way.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

P+ upgrade looks pretty aggressive and tempting for me - P30+ user. I can assume that P1 will announce something big as soon this promo is over forcing people to want to upgrade again.

jagsiva

I agree - I think a statement at least, would have been nice. We know it's real, and we know they're working on it, and that is has taken this long means that - one hopes - it's going to be fantastic, maybe more than we expect, the way the IQ backs were when they first popped out.

But I agree I think a statement from someone at P1 acknowledging that it has been expected and asking for just a little more patience goes a long way.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Some light at the end of this tunnel:)

LULA has an update based on an interview with Henrik Håkonsson, P1 CEO, that the new camera will be here within 6 months, maybe sooner.

Photokina - Days 2 & 3

tjv

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure it'll be good, but will it be worth the wait? I hope so.

studio347

Personal opinion of course, but people I know(including me), use phase one back + Hassel camera + capture one. It's for work. So, major compromise is not acceptable.
To make a great camera is not easy. There are reasons why Hassel and leica cameras are good.
Maybe it's too much for phase one to make a great camera? They don't have history and experience. It doesn't matter that they told us so or not~ telling and doing is a different thing.
(Even if phasseone make a good camera eventually, it will take, at least, another 10~20 years until it get mature~)
Now, people need best sensors with a reasonable price( I hope phase one provide these~) and Hassel and capture one~ working together. Don't wait~

Last edited: