The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H5D50c WiFi announced today

fotografz

Very Nice.

Wifi remote control and review.

Live View implemented (as promised).

Now does 34 minute exposures without a black frame.

Now takes film backs.

ISO and WB now displayed in the viewfinder.

$650 for an upgrade from existing H5D/50C "early adopters" from January to March 2015.

Heck, between now and then I'd shoot the crap out of my existing H5D/50C camera and then get a brand new one for a pittance …:ROTFL:

- Marc

Paul2660

Is the same low end LCD screen being used? Or did they update that also? The LCD on the 50c seemed a bit low res in the demos I watched and would be a problem giving good feedback at 100% view in liveview.

Glad to see they are offering the early adopters a way to get there.

Paul

rmueller

So now if they please don't make any announcements on wood and leather toys it will be a successful photokina for Hasselblad IMO.

Lets hope that the non-announcement of Phase on a new body will increase
sales of H5X (and lenses) for HB so that they can invest further in H system
R&D.

I'm happy again after the last photokina disaster ;-)

Regards,
Ralf

nenes

I want a h5d!!! No one wants to trade a iq160 with a very nice 645df body for an h5d?

To bad hasselblad does not work with capture one

Cannot phocus change their interface and at leats have a better compare images view (more than two) faster copy/paste settings and the posibility of tethered canon cameras?
That would be a dream !!!
I would buy 10 hasselblad H5d system cameras

tjv

Anyone know the frames per second of the live view? Is is smooth and workable, or choppy? Any idea if live view could be implemented in the CFV-50c as well?

cerett

Anyone know the frames per second of the live view? Is is smooth and workable, or choppy? Any idea if live view could be implemented in the CFV-50c as well?
"All new features (except Wi-Fi) will be available to H5D-50c and CFV-50c owners as a firmware upgrade shortly after the photokina trade show event."

tjv

Great news, I obviously missed that line in the announcement! Looking forward to seeing / hearing how it performs.

rmueller

Great news, I obviously missed that line in the announcement! Looking forward to seeing / hearing how it performs.
I'm at photokina on saturday, will try to get my hands on a H5D50c and give it
a try. Will let you know my impression. Frankly, i might be ready to
say good bye to my beloved H3DII-31.

rmueller

Hi,
had the opportunity to get my hands on a HD50c WiFi last saturday at photokina.

I believe it is too early to judge the capabilities of life view, they are still working
on the firmware and the camera crashed few times while i was testing it.
Life view on the back display is still a little "bumpy" when you move the camera,
not as smooth as from a 35mm camera. But well, it works.

Lifeview using Phocus and the camera tethered worked quite well with setting
the focus, zoom in/out etc., all very responsive.

The Hasselblad booth was quite crowded so i couldn't do any serious tests, will
wait for the production camera to come out and then check again.

Regards,
Ralf

Last edited:

torger

A high frame rate makes it a bit easier to focus, but I don't think you really need 30 fps. 10 fps is probably more than enough. Or put it this way, it's probably easier to focus with a 10 fps live view which do not lag anything, than a 30 fps live view that lags.

Being able to zoom to 100% and see good contrast on edges and move around that view is of course also very important. Live view only seeing the overview would not help for focusing. The best live views for focusing have realtime sharpening, with a slight bit of over-sharpening you can focus-peak on sharpening halos, makes it a lot easier to peak.

For tilt/swing focusing it's a big advantage if you can easily and quickly move around the 100% view to look at different places in the frame.

Another important aspect is that the live view works in low light, this is important to be able to focus in low light, and also on tech cam lenses that vignettes quite much and may only be f/5.6 wide open.

modator

I was in photokina this Sunday and I was luck to test both H5D-50c WiFi with Live View and the CFV50c , both they perform very well with Live View... Mr Nordlund of the developing team of hasselblad told me many things about this updates... one that's I think no one tell's is that the discussed exchange of the 50c with a 50c WiFi isn't an exchange, they said the camera is opened, then they upgrade a board with another with WiFi chip and antenna, then they change also the back external shell and re align the upgrade back to the camera for ultra focus features etc. that's all it's an hardware upgrade not a substitution with a new wifi model.

About the live view I've tested it's an auto exposure live view... pressing the p2 button two times it zooms 100% and it's really nice to get focus etc. very beautiful feature but power hungry the battery can stand only for near 30 minute in live view... but who use a live view so long..

That's all, feel free to ask other about Hasselblad at Photokina 2014 ..

tjv

Great! How was the lag in live view when moving focus and was it easy to check sharpness at 100%?

modator

Great! How was the lag in live view when moving focus and was it easy to check sharpness at 100%?
I think it's easy like the other back with live view and 100% magnify... during the photoshow I wasn't unable to appreciate the accuracy because they give me the camera for few minutes and without tripod the image at 100% was waving too much... this because 50Mp on the little display of the back is quite like looking on a 600mm zoom without image stabilizer.

About the refresh rate i was thinking it's not 30 fps at all,, it was like 12 fps or little more.

The live view display starts with bluish and over exposed, then it take around 1 or two seconds to adapt at the light situation (in the fair)... I think they have to do some improvement before exiting with a firmware upgrade for all..

Best regards. Domenico.