The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Got a Leaf raw file ?

grappa

Is there anywhere to get a raw file for a Leaf ? Hopefully an Aptus II-6 file.
I am thinking about this back but want to try the software which I downloaded to my Mac.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Is there anywhere to get a raw file for a Leaf ? Hopefully an Aptus II-6 file.
I am thinking about this back but want to try the software which I downloaded to my Mac.
Provided that you have a serious interest in a digital back any decent Leaf dealer should be able to get you raw files on an FTP server pretty quick.

That would also be a good way to go since you can chat with them (presuming it's a full-service dealership) about what settings/workflow will get the most quality out of the file. For instance if you were downloading a Phase One file from me I would let you know to use Capture One 4.6.X and turn noise reduction off and turn up clarity a smidgen.

Keep in mind that all of the digital backs (at any given resolution) are pretty close in final image quality. The only exception is high-iso and long exposures where some manufacturers do significantly better. We can nit pick about micro-detail and detail at the edge of the dynamic range, but its 99% the same. The differences are in workflow, platform openness, dealer service, support/warranty, etc etc etc.

So if you're looking to decide if the file quality is better than a dSLR then don't bother; it's better by a lot. If you're looking to chose between different manufacturer's backs then looking at raw files from each will only tell you a very small part of the story as they are awesome across the board.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

grappa

Thanks yaya. I did not find that on their site,anyway if I did I did not know they were similar.
This gives me a feel for the software. I hope.

PeterA

Yaya- how do I remove myself from the Leaf email list ?? - I have tried unsubscribe a few times....

L

Leaf_NZ

Hi Grappa
I have been using Leaf for many year now, if you need anymore help with the software or images and Yair can't help please contact me and i 'll try to help.
It's a fantastic system.
Good luck

Chris Young
[email protected]

yaya

Hi Grappa
I have been using Leaf for many year now, if you need anymore help with the software or images and Yair can't help please contact me and i 'll try to help.
It's a fantastic system.
Good luck

Chris Young
[email protected]
Welcome on board Christopher and thanks for your support!!!!

Yair