Site Sponsors

Thread: Got a Leaf raw file ?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Leaf raw file ?

Is there anywhere to get a raw file for a Leaf ? Hopefully an Aptus II-6 file.
    I am thinking about this back but want to try the software which I downloaded to my Mac.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Got a Leaf raw file ?

Quote Originally Posted by grappa View Post
    Is there anywhere to get a raw file for a Leaf ? Hopefully an Aptus II-6 file.
    I am thinking about this back but want to try the software which I downloaded to my Mac.
    Provided that you have a serious interest in a digital back any decent Leaf dealer should be able to get you raw files on an FTP server pretty quick.

That would also be a good way to go since you can chat with them (presuming it's a full-service dealership) about what settings/workflow will get the most quality out of the file. For instance if you were downloading a Phase One file from me I would let you know to use Capture One 4.6.X and turn noise reduction off and turn up clarity a smidgen.

Keep in mind that all of the digital backs (at any given resolution) are pretty close in final image quality. The only exception is high-iso and long exposures where some manufacturers do significantly better. We can nit pick about micro-detail and detail at the edge of the dynamic range, but its 99% the same. The differences are in workflow, platform openness, dealer service, support/warranty, etc etc etc.

So if you're looking to decide if the file quality is better than a dSLR then don't bother; it's better by a lot. If you're looking to chose between different manufacturer's backs then looking at raw files from each will only tell you a very small part of the story as they are awesome across the board.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Download page for Leaf RAW files

Aptus 65 and Aptus 65S use the same chip as the Aptus II 6 and produce similar files. If you're looking for anything specific please let me know, thanks!

Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks yaya. I did not find that on their site,anyway if I did I did not know they were similar.
    This gives me a feel for the software. I hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yaya- how do I remove myself from the Leaf email list ?? - I have tried unsubscribe a few times....

Leaf_NZ

Hi Grappa
    I have been using Leaf for many year now, if you need anymore help with the software or images and Yair can't help please contact me and i 'll try to help.
    It's a fantastic system.
    Good luck

Chris Young
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf_NZ View Post
    Hi Grappa
    I have been using Leaf for many year now, if you need anymore help with the software or images and Yair can't help please contact me and i 'll try to help.
    It's a fantastic system.
    Good luck

Chris Young
    [email protected]
    Welcome on board Christopher and thanks for your support!!!!

Yair
    Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One | Mamiya Leaf
    e: [email protected] | m: +44(0)77 8992 8199 | yaya's blog