The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Make My day with Hasselblad

fotophil

In a recent Hasselblad Blog, German Photographer Arne Weychardt is quoted as follows:

"I photographed Clint Eastwood with my Hasselblad and later photographed him while he was being interviewed, this time using a 35mm-style DSLR camera because I was working reportage-style. He stopped the interview, smiled and said to me: “Didn’t you have a real camera before? What happened?”

Godfrey

In a recent Hasselblad Blog, German Photographer Arne Weychardt is quoted as follows:

"I photographed Clint Eastwood with my Hasselblad and later photographed him while he was being interviewed, this time using a 35mm-style DSLR camera because I was working reportage-style. He stopped the interview, smiled and said to me: “Didn’t you have a real camera before? What happened?”
That's amusing!

G

drevil

Staff member
Eastwood, wasn't that the guy who had a conversation with a chair once?:D

Steve Hendrix

That conversation was about an empty suit ...
It's too bad he put himself out there that way because he's had a truly great career.

I didn't pay much attention to it, deciding to focus on more relevant content from Mr Clint.

But that is funny - where'd your real camera go?

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

torger

It could be mentioned that Arne used a V system camera, not an H. The V system has a long tradition and reputation and I guess it's more of a "real camera" than any of the digital systems.

Hasselblad has pushed this more than once in marketing though, that MF gear appearance makes your clients take you more seriously. Maybe that's the case, but I think it's kind of sad using it as a marketing strategy. I thought the portfolio was the thing...

Stuart Richardson

I think most non-photographers just associate professional cameras with large cameras. If your camera is big, it is professional. The bigger it is, the more professional.

For example, I was photographing for a travel editorial, and they wanted me to photograph a particular restaurant. I was photographing the job with the S2 and M9. I told the manager that I was photographing for the magazine and asked if I could take some pictures and she said no. I asked again, pulling out the M9 and saying it would only take a minute and she said, "Oh, I thought you meant a professional camera." I got my shots, and of course I was laughing on the inside!

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

We have a significant nature reserve outside office. I was there this summer shooting in one of the bays with a couple of sailing boats at anchor. One of the boat owners came over and told me that somewhat said. "The guy over there is shooting a Hasselblad must be a pro", so he came over and asked if he could have some pictures. So I posted the images on my website and hopefully they found them.

Coordinates: 58°44'43" N 17°22'41" E

Full image is here: http://echophoto.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Sweden/Stendorren2/i-shCXpfW/O

Best regards
Erik

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
As I recall the movie, he used a Nikon F.
Dave in NJ
Nah... looks like a Cannon to me:

Or did you mean this one?

He even uses really real cameras sometimes :)

But real Swedish cameras seem to be the domain of his 21st century colleague:

The wife of this youngster obviously also uses a real camera, a really, really, real camera:

There are other ladies with real cameras too:

... while some tough guys go for a German solution instead:

... and some simply can't seem to make up their mind:

Last edited: