The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

In my backyard

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ok so I am totally jealous of those on the Road to Moab.

I have decided to post a few pictures from home for those who could not make the time commitment for the workshop. Show us what you do while Jack and Guy hit the road.

An historic Texas house:

ALPA TC Rodenstock Apo Grandagon 45 H3D 39 II

Last edited:

docmoore

Previous House at bit of a distance

Last edited:

docmoore

OK so I am struggling here...this is a bit down a rail line from the house...not historic but a nice geometric relief

Last edited:

docmoore

Finally, one that is about 50 yards from my backyard.

ALPA TC Rodenstock Apo Grandagon 45 H3D II 39

Last edited:

docmoore

Hope mediumformat film is allowed...if not I'll delete.

Hassel/80mm/ Ilford FP4 - my local tree.

MF is MF, film or silicon, all the same to me and both yeild great results. Just a lot more dust spotting with the latter.

I love the way trees grow in response to stress...we would do well to follow their example.

Bob

docmoore

So today I moved inside...

Alpa TC Rodenstock Apo 45 H3D 39 II

Last edited:

docmoore

Not a Gameboy Kind of Child...

Last edited:

docmoore

Finale - A Self Portrait

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

very much enjoying the interior home shots - well done.

Thanks Peter,

I am struggling with all of the color reflections on the pale walls from the furniture in the room, pictures on the walls, and greens from the outside foliage...plays havoc with WB in Photoshop. Seems like too many curves and color balance moves for me. At first I thought I was dealing with color shift on the sensor then realized it was much more complex as it is all over the room.

At times I give up and desaturate if it is too wild to get right in color. I hate to do multiple layers and masks and then paint each shift as it never seems to be as clean as the straight capture.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, although I should admit that I am not too excited about buying large amounts of strobe equipment to correct this. Too many other toys I "need" first.

Bob

yaya

IMO this is definitely colour shift and you can see it in the outdoors shots as well with the skies going Magenta.
You need to use a diffuser filter (normally supplied with the digital back) and to take a diffused image using the same f-stop/Aperture, then use a facility in the software to correct your images.

Some softwares will also let you correct vignetting at the same time.

Yair