The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad has closed the Design Center in Treviso

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
RIP - somehow I doubt that this'll be missed so long as Hasselblad return to their photography business rather than the bling business.

Shashin

It is funny how these camera were considered their "luxury" products, unlike those plebeian lines of the H and V that "everyone" owned...

"Maybe Hasselblad wants to focus on a Sony-Hasselblad-Zeiss partnership for a new mirrorless medium format system instead?"

Sounds like wishful thinking, but yes, please.

tjv

What makes people think that this release wasn't planned long before the closure of the Italy design centre and they'd committed to a certain amount of releases under contract? Personally – and it might just be hope for the brand talking – I think we'll see a few more releases to satisfy whatever obligations they have to Sony, then witness a quiet end to the madness that was the blinged up Sony monstrosities.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm sure that this is likely the case.

Didn't the acrimonious exit of the ex-CEO cite business commitments that Hasselblad was bound to (but didn't sound at all happy about). I'm guessing that meant a boat load of pre-sold or binding contracts for Sony camera core assemblies with no get out clause.

Steve Hendrix

I'm sure that this is likely the case.

Didn't the acrimonious exit of the ex-CEO cite business commitments that Hasselblad was bound to (but didn't sound at all happy about). I'm guessing that meant a boat load of pre-sold or binding contracts for Sony camera core assemblies with no get out clause.

No doubt about it.