The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 Service in Los Angeles

stephengilbert

You might call Steve's Camera in Culver City. I've had Leica work done there, and a friend has had Hasselblad work done. I don't know whether they will work on Contax.

Evanjoe610

If you haven't brought it in for repairs, I would recommend Tocad America. I brought in my Contax 645 Kit along with 3 additional lenses for it to be service in Japan. In addition, I left them my Aria with 4 prime lenses for repair.

After March1, 2015, no more servicing of any Contax Yashica product. Take available of the last repair with Tocad.

Evan

cem3387

Hi Evan,

Unfortunately I have mixed experience with the response time with them.

Thanks anyway.

DS

If you haven't brought it in for repairs, I would recommend Tocad America. I brought in my Contax 645 Kit along with 3 additional lenses for it to be service in Japan. In addition, I left them my Aria with 4 prime lenses for repair.

After March1, 2015, no more servicing of any Contax Yashica product. Take available of the last repair with Tocad.

Evan

Evanjoe610

Hi Daniel,

As you may know or now, Tocad is winding down the Service Work for all of Kyocera Products. At Tocad America, they are doing all of the645 system, the G System, N System, any of the later 35mm system such as Aria, RX, etc and the AE/MM Lenses.

Kyocera Japan will cease all service as of March 1, 2015. All repairs are being send directly to Japan to be fulfilled and I would like to tell it would be quick, but I think at least 1 month +. If you have another system to work with, by all means have all of your Contax gear services or repair. Parts would be available till Service is officially discontinued or shut down.

Evan, what was your turnover time with ToCAD america?

Thanks,

Daniel