The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More on the Hartblei T/S

smhoer

Tim,
Yes, we do think alike. The measurements I quoted correspond to my tripod at Chin height, two sections extended, one section extended, one section at the second widest splay and the 12" is the height of the lens above the tripods head mount. I am finding the lens more and more dependable the more I experiment with it. I am surprised at the resolution when the focus is spot on. And yes, it is sharper corner to corner when shifted 5 degrees (thanks Jack for finding that quirk).

All in all I am very pleased Jack was willing to part with it. This could become one of my favorite lenses. Now if I can just afford the 28mm.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tim,
Yes, we do think alike. The measurements I quoted correspond to my tripod at Chin height, two sections extended, one section extended, one section at the second widest splay and the 12" is the height of the lens above the tripods head mount. I am finding the lens more and more dependable the more I experiment with it. I am surprised at the resolution when the focus is spot on. And yes, it is sharper corner to corner when shifted 5 degrees (thanks Jack for finding that quirk).

All in all I am very pleased Jack was willing to part with it. This could become one of my favorite lenses. Now if I can just afford the 28mm.
You know what? The 28 is great, sharp, wonderful etc BUT its weak corners cost you quite a lot of pixels if you want to crop to the sharp zone. I am yet to fall for it fully though I must look of Guy's method for dealing with it - can't find the thread right off...

smhoer

The 28 will definately be in my future but probably ot until this next winter. My system is new to me so I need to spend some time with it to determine what is used and what is needed. The 45 T/S is one of my favorite focal lengths so I see it getting a lot of use this year. I am trying to keep my kit to 5 lenses max and I currently have the 35, 45 T/S, 55-110, 105-210 and 300 ULD.