Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad Certified Pre-Owned Price Cut

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hasselblad Certified Pre-Owned Price Cut

Yesterday I noticed that Hasselblad drastically reduced the price of their CPO camera bodies. http://hasselbladusa.com/media/10647...t_preowned.pdf

Mr.Gale

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad Certified Pre-Owned Price Cut

That's really good value for the money, $8400 for H4D-50, can be used with external battery on a tech cam too with excellent wide angle compatibility. I just got one myself exactly for that reason (great value and great compatibility with symmetrical tech wides), haven't had time to test it yet though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gale View Post
    Yesterday I noticed that Hasselblad drastically reduced the price of their CPO camera bodies. http://hasselbladusa.com/media/10647...t_preowned.pdf

Mr.Gale
    Interesting list. The CFV-39 (condition 2) cost more than a (1) mint condition H5D-40.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They're also doing deals on new H5D's (CCD line only). Up to 40% off the H5D-40 for example.

Discounts only come for a reason - low sales, new products to enter pipeline, or maybe in this case it's a quickening of the pace of change from CCD to CMOS? (or rumored Sony MF, sales lost to Pentax MF?). No matter what, it's handy for buyers, and hopefully good for Hasselblad, as new owners need lenses too

Post Thanks / Like

I think the CFV-39 has stronger attraction on the second hand market than H4 cameras (most that buy them are pros and buy new even if second hand alternatives exist), hence the relatively high price.

I also think that this attractive rebate is a US thing, perhaps related to the christmas season. Attractive rebates of discontinued products etc is much more common in the US than in EU. Haven't seen this kind of pricing around here (Sweden) from dealers, but rather the opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

calumet germany has some demo hassys for sale.
    h4d-50 12k €
    h5d-50 14k € (11k € off)
    h5d-60 21k € (15k € off)

and at fotopartner you can find the following deals, +a bunch of lenses and an hts 1.5 for 4k €.
    h5d-50c 20k €
    cfv-50c 11k €

Post Thanks / Like

Nice tips, keep 'em coming :-). To match those $8.4k in the US deal the H4D-50 would need to cost as little as €6.8k, which is even lower than most recent private sales I've seen.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone around here is offering Hassies at cut-throat prices recently, and even the Lunar and all those are discontinued and being sold off at 1/10th the original price or something. They also shut down the Italian design centre which was coming up with these rebadges. It is enough to make me wonder if Hasselblad is in financial trouble?
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, is Lunar discontinued? Do you have any official source? I don't see any of that on their web site.

There's only a handful of cameras being offered here as pre-owned and surprisingly low prices. I don't think it indicates a strategy change or indicates some financial trouble or something, it's just one example of that it's sometimes hard to figure out what Hasselblad is thinking...

Although I personally think it's great that low prices appear and make it possible for more people to try MFD, if I had bought at regular price I would not be so happy that Hasselblad through this campaign effectively lowers the second hand value. I guess it's a temporary campaign though, so hopefully people forget about these prices soon after I get my own H4D-50 later this week :-).

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the Lunar discontinued? I thought I saw an announcement somewhere, but maybe I am wrong.

In any case, I doubt that it is relevant or not, they surely have loads of stock, and will have for the foreseeable future And they did shut down the Italian design studios which was designing these things, so there won't be any more. So, even it isn't officially discontinued, it is effectively.

There are so many deep Hasselblad discounts all over at the moment, and not only used bodies, but also old models (H4D-40 etc.) and even some price cuts on brand new stuff. This isn't normal.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Could it be the Hassy Stellar?

It's $2300 off at B&H: Hasselblad Stellar Special Edition Digital Camera 1105024 B&H

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by carstenw View Post
    Isn't the Lunar discontinued? I thought I saw an announcement somewhere, but maybe I am wrong.
    Not sure. But there are some rumors. Only that the design-centre is closed should be fact:

Confirmed: Hasselblad closed their Italian design center | Photo Rumors

But no comment from Hasselblad about all that... Hhhhmmmm....
    I can follow your thinking about Hassi's potential trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

...or trying to expand their market share, or responding to the competition from below. I'm hoping for that. I don't think the traditional high pricing is a natural law, and it seems to me that Hasselblad is testing alternate pricing here and there, but not everywhere.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are right.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing new about these pre-owned Hasselblad sales.

Six years ago I bought my unmarked and virtually unused (50 actuations) H3DII from Hasselblad for 1/3 of the new price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    Could it be the Hassy Stellar?

It's $2300 off at B&H: Hasselblad Stellar Special Edition Digital Camera 1105024 B&H

Now , I finally know what would be a great X-MAS gift for me .
    Regards . Jόrgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad is doing fine I hear.

The Lunar/Stellar et al. is/was a "faux pas" and it seems they are trying to get away from that. Thankfully

But Hasselblad has continued to upgrade the H system which is a good sign. The H5x is a fine system camera and they quickly came out with 2 CMOS backs.

So if anything Hasselblad is back on track.

PhaseOne has also been busy introducing new hardware (IQ150 / IQ250 + the new 40-80mm zoom) and software (C1p 8).

So overall things are not bad at all in the high end photo world.

Post Thanks / Like

I just figured the price cuts were aided by the ccd chip maker giving Hasselblad and other camera makers price cuts on their chips to compete, and Hasselblad is passing off the savings onto the end user.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The deals are mostly on older, CCD-based cameras.
    Carsten - Website

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The thing I find strange is the H4D-60 is ~twice the price of a H4D-50. Is the 60 that much of an improvement over the 50?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gale View Post
    The thing I find strange is the H4D-60 is ~twice the price of a H4D-50. Is the 60 that much of an improvement over the 50?
    It's full-frame and has the Dalsa technology. Some thinks it's that an improvement, but it depends on what you shoot. Hasselblad has it's pricing all over the map nowadays it seems, sometimes seeming a bit disconnected. There's deals to make...

By the way, I saw that ON Semiconductor which now produces the "Kodak" KAF-50100 sensor used in the H4D-50/H5D-50 has published pricing on the sensor, it's $1600 (in volume I presume). I'm happy to see that they continue production. Anyway, I guess the Dalsa 60MP sensor is considerably more expensive, but clearly sensor cost is not a big factor in MFD camera pricing, if someone still thinks that after the 50MP Sony CMOS used in many products which very different price points. It's about low volumes, competition and what people are prepared to pay.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pentax...for the recents price cuts...