Site Sponsors

Thread: IR Cover Glass H3D-22 and H2-22

Post Thanks / Like

IR Cover Glass H3D-22 and H2-22

So I recently had my H3D-22 upgraded and now notice a major difference in the color coming out of the H3D-22 vs my H2-22. Knowing that the H2 is the original cover glass, does anyone know if simply changing to the newer cover glass for the H2-22 would give them the same or very very close color? Is the physical sensor different? I've always assumed the H3D-22/39 were rebranded (says H3D on the back instead of Ixpress CFH) and the differences were on the body itself. Would love some insight on this.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IR Cover Glass H3D-22 and H2-22

Maybe your back was just recalibrated to factory standard as a part of the service during IR cover glass exchange on your back?

Best,

Bernd

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jmosier01 View Post
    So I recently had my H3D-22 upgraded and now notice a major difference in the color coming out of the H3D-22 vs my H2-22. Knowing that the H2 is the original cover glass, does anyone know if simply changing to the newer cover glass for the H2-22 would give them the same or very very close color? Is the physical sensor different? I've always assumed the H3D-22/39 were rebranded (says H3D on the back instead of Ixpress CFH) and the differences were on the body itself. Would love some insight on this.

Thanks!
    Jeff

Jeff, you say that you "had your H3D-22 upgraded". Upgraded how and by whom?

There were differences in IR Filters over the years for the Hasselblad products (as well as Phase/Leaf, etc) and the variety of filters could produce at least somewhat different color fidelity as the amount of IR pass typically differed between these filters. Hard to say if what you are seeing is due to this, without quantifying what you mean by "major difference".

Steve Hendrix
    Capture Integration
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve,

I believe when I recently sent in my h3d-22 they replaced the ir cover glass with the newer h3dii-22/39 cover glass. But the differences in color is between the h2-22 and h3d-22. It's not a huge deal and can be mostly corrected, but SOC the colors from the h3d-22 are simply better to my eye.