The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV50c Images

Mammy645

Does anyone know why exactly Hasselblad are unable to make the battery integrated like on a PhaseOne back? It really ruins the clean look of a V-series and always bugged me a lot.

JCL212

on the SWC: the existing plate on the SWC gets removed and replaced (same screws) with the stainless steel plate shown. this move everything forward so the battery will clear.

It's really cool, John!!

I sent you a pm regarding the plate. Thanks!!

darr

For those interested in the CFV-50c and may be close to NYC, check out the following message I received earlier today. I have no affiliation with Foto Care other than being a customer since my days attending The School of Visual Arts, and recently purchased a new ALPA TC and accessories from Jeff Hirsh and could not be happier with the transaction. [highlight]It is good to see a dealer offering demos of the CFV-50c.[/highlight]

gmfotografie

has anyone a link or samples comparing the cfv-50c with the "old" zeiss lens to newer "high end" lens like the new h -system hasselblad ones or rodenstock / schneider....

is it worth using the great new digipack with the "old CF or CFI lenses?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Slightly off topic because I went with the IQ150, but I'm in the same boat regarding the CFE / CF and even C lenses as I have a V mount Alpa FPS adapter coming.

I'm not expecting Rodenstock technical camera lens excellence but I am looking forward to leveraging the character of the Hassy Zeiss lenses.

Love to see what you folks are getting from you C/CF/CFE lenses too :D

Btw, does anyone know the image circle of the 40mm CF?

tjv

Hi again, guys. In preparation for demoing the CFV-50c on my Techno, I'd like to look over the user manual. Is there any chance someone out there that has it on disk – presumably it's supplied on disk when buing the back? – could wire it to me? I'm guessing it's really simple, but it'd be good to do some homework before I jump in.
T

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I went looking on Hasselblad.com and the links were all broken or non-existant. The data sheet said that the manual was available for download at hasselblad.com but the link was to the root and the search failed for me.

tjv

Same result for me. Teething problems with the new website? It if comes to it, I'll get the dealer to wire it to me before we meet, I guess. I'm just being impatient.

ChrisLivsey

Btw, does anyone know the image circle of the 40mm CF?
Figures are quoted for the Flex Body for shift, image circle. Bear in mind these are for full frame 6x6 so by calculation the shift available for a cropped sensor can be estimated.

The Hasselblad Flexbody Camera: Features and Specifications

Lens Coverage

CFE 40 +/- 1mm

CFi 50 +/- 5mm

CB 60 +/- 10mm

CFE 80 +/- 10mm

CFi 100 +/- 14mm

CFi 120 +/- 14mm

CFi 150 +/- 15mm

CFi 180 +/- 12mm

CFi 250 +/- 10mm

tjv

Thank you, Darr! Got it and will print it out to read it today!

As an aside, do you have any new thoughts on the back? How's it performing now you're used to it?

darr

Thank you, Darr! Got it and will print it out to read it today!

As an aside, do you have any new thoughts on the back? How's it performing now you're used to it?
Hi Tim,

I was waiting for an affordable Live View (LV) CMOS back and now that I got it, it is everything I wanted. I, like a lot of photographers would prefer a full frame back (for larger lens perspectives, not pixels), but until then, I am happy.

I am also happy thus far with the performance matched with my V system. I use the V system for creating art, not scientific or landscape work, so I cannot comment on how wide lenses (don't own a V wide) work with the V + back, but for what I am currently shooting, it works just fine.

BTW, the manual is a bit thin in areas, like how to do LV with the V system (not mentioned in the manual), but you may not be using it for the V system.

Kind regards,
Darr

gmfotografie

has anyone a link or samples comparing the cfv-50c with the "old" zeiss lens to newer "high end" lens like the new h -system hasselblad ones or rodenstock / schneider....

is it worth using the great new digipack with the "old CF or CFI lenses?
maybe anybody can help me with this....?!

tjv

Hi all,

I'm urgently in need of some advice and guidence with the CFV-50c please.
Today I met with the rep to test the back on my Linhof Techno, but we ran into some problems...

Firstly, we needed up update firmware so we could have on back live view. Check...

Secondly, and here's where the problems lie, we couldn't get the live view to show an anywhere useable image without stopping the lens down to f45 (we had it set to ISO100) and even then things were pretty dodgy. Diffraction and DOF meant we couldn't begin to focus. Plus the frame rate was dog slow...

I was under the impression that one could turn live view on on the back, have the lens wide open for critical focusing when zooming in, and that the back would use its electronic "shutter" to give you a good preview image? Am I right in thinking this?

If so, how do I turn that feature on? Should it be doing this automatically anyway? Without this feature I can't do the tests I was hoping to do and I'd consider the implimentation of live view a real failure...

THanks,

TJV