The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Happy Holidays

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
If you take any single post, or any given thread, or any given day on this forum - it is a utilitarian place. Questions get asked and answered, feedback is sought and provided, and many photographers professional or otherwise give or receive a little help advancing craft in technical, artistic, or logistical ways.

But taken more broadly, after a certain number of posts and/or years, a sort of community and family forms. Like any family we have some disagreements and plenty of personalities. But the value in family and community is not in it's lack of imperfections or in it's homogenous opinions*. Our diversity and even our conflict unite us and make this community a richly textured and incredibly valuable one.

We are all here too briefly. We all face hardships. We are all imperfect. So at least once a year we deserve to be jolly just for the sake of being jolly. For whatever holidays you celebrate, however you celebrate them...

:) Happy Holidays. :)

P.S. As a very minor postscript I will be off the forums until mid January as I take my holidays followed by a rigorous business travel schedule to LA, Miami, Seattle and maybe more. If anyone needs help I fear I will not be able to answer to a bat signal here as I usually can, but will of course still reply to emails and calls directly to me.

P.S.S. A very special thanks as well to the admin team. I've never been a forum admin, but I'd wager that, like many jobs it is far more work, and far more thankless than you'd expect. They do an especially remarkable job keeping the discourse on this site civil and productive. It is one of the only places I can go on the internet and exchange candid and dissenting views knowing the conversation will not end up dominated by crazy people or vitriol.

darr

Happy Holidays to you Doug!
I have always appreciated your help with all matters technical and personally you are a gentleman.
I wish you and everyone else the best of holiday cheer and nothing less than peace, love and kindness.

Your friend,
Darr

pesto

Merry Christmas (and/or happy holidays as the case may be) to one and all. Doug, many thanks for your insightful coments and perspective, they are greatly appreciated.

Douglas Benson.