The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Multi Coating on Schneider Center Filters

dchew

I have a CF for the 60xl, and used to have one on the 43 when I owned that. They are marketed and labeled as multi coated, but when I look at them in strong light they reflect like an un-coated filter, especially in the center where the ND is applied. Same thing on both the inside and outside reflections.

Does anyone know if the MC is different than normal for Scneider, or does the ND require application on both sides after the MC? It looks not nearly as robust as their lenses or B+W's, which as far as I know is their brand of filters.

I'm trying to evaluate flare, and this could be a source. I've resisted a hood because of space and fumbling, using me as the human flare buster. I may rethink that...

Dave