Site Sponsors

Thread: Lee SW150 Filter Holder for HR Alpagon...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lee SW150 Filter Holder for HR Alpagon...

Does anyone know if this holder is a good choice for the Alpagon 32mm lens? I've been using the Lee 100mm Adapter with a 105 adapter ring on the front, but basically loose 75% of my shift/rise-fall capabilities. The Lee SW150 seems to be advertised for the Nikon 14-24, but I don't know if it would fit on the outside of the 32m as well.
    Thanks for any help,
    Bob
    Last edited by rga; 4th January 2015 at 18:06. Reason: Corrected 40 to 32mm... oops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Lee SW150 Filter Holder for HR Alpagon...

I have the Lee 100 system with Wide hood clamped to HR32 by Lee doughnut (maybe donut in your location) 90-100mm. I have not tested the limits of shift or rise/fall, but I have not experienced a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Lee SW150 Filter Holder for HR Alpagon...

Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
    I have the Lee 100 system with Wide hood clamped to HR32 by Lee doughnut (maybe donut in your location) 90-100mm. I have not tested the limits of shift or rise/fall, but I have not experienced a problem
    Thanks. Yes: no problem until I start shifting. I still get a bit of shift (maybe 5mm), but then total black starts to show at the corners.

I have found out that the Lee SW150 holder will only work on the Nikon 14-24 lens, so no luck with that. I'm going to buy a thinner polarizing 105mm polarizing filter (currently have the Kasseman linear polarizer on the front using the 150 adapter ring). The new ultra slim Hitech Firecrest appears to be significantly thinner.

Thanks,
    Bob