The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lee SW150 Filter Holder for HR Alpagon...

rga

Does anyone know if this holder is a good choice for the Alpagon 32mm lens? I've been using the Lee 100mm Adapter with a 105 adapter ring on the front, but basically loose 75% of my shift/rise-fall capabilities. The Lee SW150 seems to be advertised for the Nikon 14-24, but I don't know if it would fit on the outside of the 32m as well.
Thanks for any help,
Bob

Last edited:

Nutcracker

I have the Lee 100 system with Wide hood clamped to HR32 by Lee doughnut (maybe donut in your location) 90-100mm. I have not tested the limits of shift or rise/fall, but I have not experienced a problem

rga

I have the Lee 100 system with Wide hood clamped to HR32 by Lee doughnut (maybe donut in your location) 90-100mm. I have not tested the limits of shift or rise/fall, but I have not experienced a problem
Thanks. Yes: no problem until I start shifting. I still get a bit of shift (maybe 5mm), but then total black starts to show at the corners.

I have found out that the Lee SW150 holder will only work on the Nikon 14-24 lens, so no luck with that. I'm going to buy a thinner polarizing 105mm polarizing filter (currently have the Kasseman linear polarizer on the front using the 150 adapter ring). The new ultra slim Hitech Firecrest appears to be significantly thinner.

Thanks,
Bob