The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H2 auxiliary shutter problems

Zerimar

Hello all! Happy new year!

One of my Hasselblad H2 bodies auxiliary shutter curtain is not closing :/

I took off the back plate of the camera and tried to see if anything was visibly causing this. In the process I found out that the curtain will work.

It only works when mirror lockup resets, or an exposure is taken. It will slide across the back and then open again, and not close.

Everything is still functional, except the curtain will not stay closed. I see this being problematic for film (for obvious reasons) but do not think it will negatively impact a digital back too much.

Any ideas as to where a release for it is as to make it close? That is what I would guess the problem is. Would like to avoid sending it to Jersey for an overpriced repair.

The auxiliary shutter of my H3D showed strange behavior after only 15.000 actuations, stayed open for too long and caused strange magenta pictures. I sent it to Hasselblad and they exchanged the part. Cost me around 400,- or 500,- EUR, two or three years ago.

I think there is no alternative. Just get it done as quick as possible to have a fully working spare camera body again.

Sorry to have no cheaper idea for you.

Best,

Bernd