The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50 and CFV-50c SCENE CALIBRATION

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I assume that the users of the HASSELBLAD CFV-50c use PHOCUS 2.8.3 and also use the scene calibration tool . Successfully .

I don't have a CFV-50c but a CFV-50 .

I am using CFV-39 and CFV-50 files and experience an issue in PHOCUS 2.8.3 when using the scene calibration tool .
I can create an LCC image , any naming , but can not correct the "color cast" and the "equalize intensity" function does not work either using the before created LCC correction image . PHOCUS sits there just doing nothing .
The same issue exists when using an already existing LCC correction image .

Using the same procedures as above works fine in PHOCUS 2.8.2

Is there anyone out there also working with CFV-39 or CFV-50 additional to the new CFV-50c files and experienes the same issue as described ?

tjv

Hi Jurgen,
I'm only playing with Phocus as don't currently own a back, but I've been experiencing an issue that I thought might be related to lack of disk space. I'm way behind in back up and only have about 3gigs left. Yikes!
Anyway, when I run a scene calibration and / or edit the image tonality, the view doesn't refresh unless I click off of the image then click back on. The little thumbnail refreshes, but the image doesn't unless I do this. Is this what you're experiencing?

torger

I have Phocus 2.8.3 and a H4D-50 (same sensor as CFV-50) and have successfully applied LCC. Maybe there's some issue with your installation?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have 12GB of RAM .

I can partially reproduce the symptoms Tim describes .

@ Torger

I experience the issue on two independant systems in absolutely the same way .
On MAC PRO and iMAC both running at OSX 10.10.1
I will try to deinstall PHOCUS completely and reinstall .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have deinstalled PHOCUS 2.8.2 and 2.8.3
Then installed 2.8.3 again . The issue remains as described above . Removed 2.8.3 and installed PHOCUS 2.8.2 . Scene calibration runs fine again .

As this happens independant on two differnet systems , I can hardly imagine a systembug . :loco:

Any other ideas ? ? ?

darr

I have no issues applying LCC to my 50c files. I am running Phocus v2.8.3 with Windows 7 Professional.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have no issues applying LCC to my 50c files. I am running Phocus v2.8.3 with Windows 7 Professional.
Hello Darr

Yes , that is what I expected , because of your very detailed report . But you are using a CFV-50c . I use a CFV-50 and I believe there will be some format differences .

It would be very helpful if someone also using a CFV-50 or CFV-39 could try the scene calibration in PHOCUS 2.8.3 .

darr

Hello Darr

Yes , that is what I expected , because of your very detailed report . But you are using a CFV-50c . I use a CFV-50 and I believe there will be some format differences .

It would be very helpful if someone also using a CFV-50 or CFV-39 could try the scene calibration in PHOCUS 2.8.3 .
Jürgen,

I am sorry to hear about this and hope it gets resolved sooner than later. After using Sigma's poorly designed SPP program for Foveon files for about 2 years now, I do know how a RAW processor can make post-processing a bit miserable. Have you contacted Hasselblad?

Kind regards,
Darr

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Darr for your kind reply .
HASSELBLAD has a very intransparent software support structure , at least here in Germany and also had a stuff cut down . (Again)
I passed the issue on to a "Service Representitive" , obviously a free lancer and you never get any feedback .

tjv

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing the problems you describe on 50c AND 50 files, so I don't think it's anything to do with the file format.

torger

While it could be related to the file format, it seems unlikely as file format decoding should already have taken place. My guess as a software developer is that there's some bug related to calibration file storage, it doesn't find the files again after having saved them or something like that. A bug in any case which should be reported back to Hasselblad. Would be nice if they had a public bug reporting system :)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
While it could be related to the file format, it seems unlikely as file format decoding should already have taken place. My guess as a software developer is that there's some bug related to calibration file storage, it doesn't find the files again after having saved them or something like that. A bug in any case which should be reported back to Hasselblad. Would be nice if they had a public bug reporting system :)
Hello Torger
Your logic sounds good to me . Thanks .
"Would be nice if they had a public bug reporting system :)"
Yes , true , and I doubt , that reporting customers will ever get an answer .:banghead:

tjv

I sent an email today, too. Not sure if it was the correct address, but hopefully it'll get through!

tjv

Just to let you all know, I got a reply from Hasselblad service who have said they are working on a patch and in the mean time sent me a link to download an interim fix.
If you haven't already been sent this link, let me know. I will find out a way to send it to you.
Tim

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Tim for your update .
HASSELBLAD Germany seems to be in a deep hibernation .
After two E-Mails , I don't even know that my issue description has been forwarded . What a shame .

So please go ahead and send me more information . Thank you .

tjv

No problem, I'll send it to you after work.

Thank you Tim for your update .
HASSELBLAD Germany seems to be in a deep hibernation .
After two E-Mails , I don't even know that my issue description has been forwarded . What a shame .

So please go ahead and send me more information . Thank you .