The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50 and CFV-50c SCENE CALIBRATION

tjv

PS: I sent my report through the Hasselblad.co.uk address, under the service dropdown of their website. I got a reply within 20mins, and an update and link to the patch within another two hours!
I must say, Hasselblad UK have been excellent whenever I've contacted them for info. They've even gone out and shot photos for me and sent RAW files so I can process them in my own workflow!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Tim

You gave me a service HASSELBLAD Germany should have given me .
Up to now I have no answer from them .

I have installed the sent FIX . It actually results in PHOCUS 2.8.3+ being installed . And . . . . . . the problem is solved .

Many thanks to you and HASSELBLAD CO.UK :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

torger

I think the MF manufacturers need to change their model to have fewer but larger support centers. It's a global world and I don't really care if service is in Stockholm or London, it's the quality of service that matters. I had the same problem with Leaf, the geographically nearest dealer which I was directed to could not provide adequate service and it took a lot of figuring to find a dealer that actually could provide it.

The thing is that the local providers are often small and understaffed, and if you use your camera in some niche use case (which scene calibration is) the local dealer may not even know what you're talking about.

Great to know that Hasselblad UK is responsive, so you have someone to turn to when the local dealer won't reply. I've heard representatives from Hasselblad UK has been to Linhof Studio to educate themselves in large format so the probably have good knowledge in the tech cam use case.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Torger , I think you are right .

One exception though , I did not contact a local dealer , but I contacted HASSELBLAD Germany and their responsiveness is very very poor .

The issue is obviously known since quite some time , because the temporary fix has a creation date of January 12 , 2015 .

tjv

Awesome, great to know it solved your problems, too.
I don't know why, but for some reason I can only connect to the Hasselblad UK site, not the older .com site which I used to visit. The links etc are quite different, from memory. Anyway, I have always received prompt answers when sending them emails, even though I am just a pesky tyre kicker!

Tim

You gave me a service HASSELBLAD Germany should have given me .
Up to now I have no answer from them .

I have installed the sent FIX . It actually results in PHOCUS 2.8.3+ being installed . And . . . . . . the problem is solved .

Many thanks to you and HASSELBLAD CO.UK :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

torger

It's common for MF users to be tyre kickers a few years before they commit :). And when they commit it can be second hand gear for a few years before buying new stuff... good dealers that think long-term know this and provides service to them all.

KeithL

I look back with pleasure to a time when Hasselblad had a representative here on GetDPI in the form of David Grover ;-)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
PS: I sent my report through the Hasselblad.co.uk address, under the service dropdown of their website. I got a reply within 20mins, and an update and link to the patch within another two hours!
I must say, Hasselblad UK have been excellent whenever I've contacted them for info. They've even gone out and shot photos for me and sent RAW files so I can process them in my own workflow!

Tim

Did they say , when the patch will be implemented into PHOCUS and then , when the next version of PHOCUS will be available . ? ? ?

No answer from HASSELBLAD GERMANY yet .
I think , their support structure will change . HASSELBLAD should let their customers know to avoid confusion like this one here .

tjv

Hi Jurgen,
No, just that they were aware of the problem and that the DMG file they sent me would fix the problem in the meantime.
Yes, it seems Hasselblad Germany need to sort a few things out!
Tim

jotloob

Subscriber Member
HASSELBLAD PHOCUS 2.8.4 is available now .
I have already installed it and the scene calibration issue is solved .:thumbup: