The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OT: What size wing screws for Epson 7900

richardman

I know this is OT for this particular forum, but since the Epson 7900/9900 is a popular printer among you folks, may be someone can help:

We bought the printer from Guy, but the wing screws that attach the printer to the stand went missing. We have tried both 1/4"x20 and 1/4"x28 and they are too large. The next size down is 10-32 or 10-24, or god forbids, may be Epson uses Metric system.

My wife is going back to Orchard Supply to get a couple of each, but if one of you know for sure or can check what you have, I would be very much appreciate it. Thanks.

richardman

OK, found out that one of the side bolts fits exactly, so now we have match that one. Moderators please feel free to remove this post. Thanks.

Don Libby

Good luck on your quest. I did a quick search and couldn't find any mention of the size. Maybe contacting Epson will provide the answer...

kdphotography

OT, but am I the only one that thinks Epson uses these ridiculously small bolts and wing nuts for a pretty darn heavy printer? And of course, the worst part is having to lift the printer and lower it with surgical precision exactly where the holes line up on the stand....

ok, nevermind... :eek:

richardman

6mm metric is the right size, and yes, it's a bit scary to think that 2 bolts are holding up the 220 lbs printer in the earthquake prone zone :)

My wife and I are fairly small people but we managed to get it in the house with the help of those "heavy furniture moving strap." Yup, it pays for itself :)

Don Libby

I remember sliding underneath the beast to screw in the two screws thinking that I better tip the guys well that helped me put it together. And yes the entire thing is crazy when you think about this beast of a printer teetering on such as small surface. Makes you wonder just what the hell the engineers where smoking that day when they designed it. Yeah lets screw with our customers and make it seem like it's magic holding several hundred pounds on 2-small posts and 2-small bolts. What could go wrong?

All this aside - I love my 9900 and what it spits out

AaronK

The only thing more fragile than the mounting system is the print head, from my experience. It's a real shame to have such a capable machine sidelined.