Site Sponsors

Thread: Wireless remote release for Hasselblad

Post Thanks / Like

Wireless remote release for Hasselblad

Can someone recommend a reliable wireless remote release for my H5D?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wireless remote release for Hasselblad

You can actually get yourself PocketWizard Plus IIIs, and then use a CM-E3-ACC cable from the receiving Plus III to the H5's remote triggering port. The -ACC is a stereo cable, and should actually give you half-press functionality from your handheld trigger, so it's like being right there. You can prime the shutter release and wake the camera up from power standby, or activate AF, and then fire the camera remotely.
    Chris Valites
    Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration
    Email-Me

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the pocket wizards. I use them all the time. I have wasted my time before with the cheap ebay wireless thingies. There is IMO no better option than the rock solid PW's. You don't even need the III's, II's will do just fine as well (these can be bought pretty cheap 2nd hand currently).

Post Thanks / Like

The great thing about the Plus IIs is that they work on the same Channels as the Plus IIIs, the PlusXes, and the MultiMAXes. (Even the old, old Classics, Pluses, and MAXes too!) It's a great system to stay with throughout the years due to that universal compability.
    Chris Valites
    Email-Me

Post Thanks / Like

Or if you are on a budget there are $12 Chinese ones on eBay that work perfectly.

Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post
    Or if you are on a budget there are $12 Chinese ones on eBay that work perfectly.

Nick-T
    While I haven't used all of the triggers on ebay personally, I can only recommend what I have used. I did use to work for Pocketwizard and was constantly blown away by our outdoor range tests of how well the camera triggering worked at distance. Plus, I got to bash around the Plus IIIs and PlusXes when we were designing them to test structural integrity. They're rock solid. It's totally possible that there's something out there even better, but knowing what I used I have no problems recommending a Plus III, Plus X, or any other PocketWizard trigger for this kind of thing. I think the money is well worth it for those triggers.
    Chris Valites
    Email-Me