The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Actus and CFV-50c

jagsiva

Here's a prediction. If John had an Arca mount lens board, he'd be able to engineer what you're after :)
Ah, but then I'd be turning off this thread too ;)

In all seriousness, if there is a viable shutter solution for the Canon 17TSE, I would seriously consider it.

Now that Arca has a 110mm lens board that takes the R-mount lenses, it would be super flexible. Oh wait, then I'd be looking at FF CMOS backs.....Stop the insanity, i think I'll use my time wisely and go process some LCC's for now!

jlm

Workshop Member
shown is a SK72/Alpa mount fitted to the Actus using my custom Alpa lens board. once the board is in place, any alpa mount lens can pop on. tried it with a SK60 and SK34 as well (courtesy of fotocare) lenses like the SK72, shown, with the longer front extension, move the standards close together. can still focus at infinity, but a happier fit is with the alpa short barrel mounts.

and the board itself, Alpa side (standard magnets on the back to hold the bellows:

Last edited:

tjv

Hey, I like the look of the Actus, but the title of this thread also mentions the CFV-50c... Being a sucker for "camera erotica", how about some pics and talk about using this back with such a combo?

jlm

Workshop Member
expect to get some shootin' in this weekend.

so far, the live view and movements are really swell ;)

tjv

Brilliant news! I'm always keen to hear how people find the CMOS sensor with movements. I'm testing a CFV-50c on my Linhof Techno myself this week, so hope I can contribute some good info back to the community soon...

jlm

Workshop Member
got over the hump with the Cambo WRS mounted lens to fit actus. had to digitize the curved shape and get the pocket machined to fit.

barely had time to sneak in one picture, taken at chez moi: Rodie 32, with some swing

jlm

Workshop Member
almost there...this is the fully machined prototype; needs black anodizing, that will happen next week as i am off traveling for a bit.

shown is a Rodie 28mm, Cambo WRS mount fitted to an Actus using my mount. will focus to infinity and has full movements.

Last edited:

Don Libby

:thumbup::thumbup:
almost there...this is the fully machined prototype; needs black anodizing, that will happen next week as i am off traveling for a bit.

shown is a Rodie 28mm, combo WRS mount fitted to an Actus using my mount. will focus to infinity and has full movements.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pemihan

:thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I couldn't have said it better!
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 :salute::salute::salute::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

f8orbust

Really nice work - just need an Arca-Swiss 'R' mount board and the set is complete.

(I wonder how long it will be until Cambo notice this thread and come out with their own versions...)

kdphotography

Actually-----It wouldn't be the first time that *ahem* a manufacturer noticed John's work. Indeed, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

You know it's coming---hope they throw you a bone. ;)

ken