The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Actus and CFV-50c

Paul2660

finally getting to play a bit. found my Lee WA 100mm bellows even with the polarizer does not vignette with the 32 rodie
Jim how are you mounting the hood to the 32. Do you have the CF Installed and mounting to the CF or are you attaching to the lens itself?

Many thanks

Paul

jlm

Workshop Member
quick shots of the Lee setup on the 32mm:thicker

the lee adapter is not the WA type, so it pushes things forward and i have slots for two 4mm filters, all moving the polarizer forward (it screw mounts to the Lee). no center filter is used and my back is a crop back

jlm

Workshop Member
I'll bringing my actus/CFV50c rig to the Tahoe get together next week. also my adapters.

meaning if you want to try some things out:
Cambo WRS, Alpa and Arca R lenses will mount to the Actus, using my CFV 50 back.

it also happens that the rear Actus standard will accept the Cambo WRS back adapter (mine adapts to hasselblad V) so anyone using the WRS (like Don) who want to pop his IQ-280 on can try that, remembering that you need live view, or maybe a ground glass

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I was wondering whether it was feasible to make a rear standard that would take an Alpa body mount? Why would you want that? Well, I have an Alpa film back plus it would be nice to leave the Alpa adapter on my IQ150 vs using the Cambo plate.

Digitalcameraman

is it possible to use the good old zeiss planar 50mm 80, 150, 250mm on the actus?
Yes, you just need the Hasselblad V Cambo Actus lens board.

ACB-HA Cambo Lensplate with Hasselblad bayonet BLACK finish
ACT-HA Cambo Lensplate with Hasselblad bayonet TITANIUM finish

And also these too:

ACB-RZ Cambo Lensplate with Mamiya RB-RZ bayonet BLACK finish
ACT-RZ Cambo Lensplate with Mamiya RB-RZ bayonet TITANIUM finish
ACB-39 Cambo Lensplate with m39 threading BLACK finish
ACB-39 Cambo Lensplate with m39 threadingTITANIUM finish

Lets us know if we can help.

PSon

is it possible to use the good old zeiss planar 50mm 80, 150, 250mm on the actus?
The Actus for using with a digital back will not work since these Hasselblad V lens shutters are triggered and recocked by the camera. You need an adapter that has the ability to engage with the lens and providing the slot for triggering the shutter. The lens by itself does not have the slot for triggering nor the recock mechanism. Think of the Hasselblad Flexbody mechanism. If you plan to use these Hasselblad V lens on the Actus with the Sony A7 series camera then it will work since you will not use the lens shutter but instead the focal plane curtain shutter from the Sony and other cameras with built in shutter.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you just need the Hasselblad V Cambo Actus lens board.

ACB-HA Cambo Lensplate with Hasselblad bayonet BLACK finish
ACT-HA Cambo Lensplate with Hasselblad bayonet TITANIUM finish

And also these too:

ACB-RZ Cambo Lensplate with Mamiya RB-RZ bayonet BLACK finish
ACT-RZ Cambo Lensplate with Mamiya RB-RZ bayonet TITANIUM finish
ACB-39 Cambo Lensplate with m39 threading BLACK finish
ACB-39 Cambo Lensplate with m39 threadingTITANIUM finish

Lets us know if we can help.
See my response above.

GrahamWelland

An Actus DB google search brought me back to this thread and the remembrance of absent friends. RIP John. Missed but not forgotten.

3E248718-0DA6-4B20-8ECA-CE8BF29A1FC5.jpg

GrahamWelland

John,

Thanks for the note John. Zeph and I know each other and have met both in NYC and at Pigs. He already has this. :thumbs: