The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1Pro - Color Editor & Adjustment Layers

jagsiva

I understand I can use the Advanced Color Editor on a local adjustment layer. Wondering if in the same context/layer, I can create a mask for the selected color (or color family).

For example, on a local adjustment layer, using the advanced color editor, I can select the blue in the sky and saturate it, brighten it etc. Can I have the same selection as a mask so I can change WB or exposure etc.?

Hope I am asking the question clearly here...English is my first language, so no excuses there :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes - you have all the selective adjustments available in a layer and up to 16 layers. You can also copy masks between layers too if you need to stack the same adjustments for more effect.

Apparently the only adjustment that doesn't stack is the skin tone.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I think the problem here is that selecting, say, blue in the local color editor doesn't create a mask for the blue regions that other adjustments outside the color editor could be restricted to. Or at least I don't know how to make the blues into a mask. Maybe it's easy...

--Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Aha I see what you mean. Setting a mask for a region and then only applying colour adjustments to a certain colour range within that region is easy enough. Having the colour create a mask isn't something that you can do, at least not obviously.

Sometimes you need photoshop for advanced masking or vivezza ...