Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5

In a for sale ad (Hasselblad HC 50-110mm -special version-fits HTS 1.5 Tilt/shift adapter- $2600,-) the seller says his/her 50-110 lens has been modified so it will work on the HTS1.5. Has anyone else ever made this modification and if you have what were the results? It looks like an easy modification although Iím not sure why the plastic piece has the fins, do they serve a purpose?

Mr.Gale

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5

Similar fins are present on the HCD28 and HCD35 and the HTS has matching grooves to let them in, but maybe the fins on the HC50-110 are a bit longer.

I suppose that the fins are there to protect the rear glass surface when the lens is set on a table.

I don't think it would be a wise idea to mount the HC 50-110 on the HTS. The lens is very heavy and the HTS mechanics are probably not strong enough to resist flexion. The lens is not supported, so Phocus will not be able to correct vignetting or distortion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Hasselblad 50-110mm on HTS1.5

I tried to attach my 50-110 and it sits flush in the HTS but I couldn't turn it. I agree, that lens is way too heavy for the HTS and I think you would run the risk of breaking it.
    Thanks,
    Mr.Gale