The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A couple of C1 questions/issues

Paul2660

Is there a way to browse the trash in C1, so if you inadvertently delete an image, you can get it back without having to go and find it in the "trash" folder via windows explorer? What a pain. :(

Also, does anyone know of a way to group LCC"s by date shot, so that only the LCC's for one day will show in the menu. After you shoot around 200 to 300 and record them, it's a bit of a pain to drill down and find them. And the list shows ALL THE LCC EVER PROCESSED, even though ones from a P45 or IQ160 will be greyed out. :wtf:

Also, Phase One, it would be very nice to allow a mouse to scroll this massive list instead of only allowing a mouse to hit the down arrow.

It take forever as all of them are displayed.

Thanks to all.

Note to Moderator, if this needs to be in a different forum, I apologize.

Paul

jagsiva

For LCC libraries, when you save the LCC as preset, you can create a subfolder and nest LCCs. You can create folders by DB>lens>aperture>shift>tilt, at least that's how I do it.

If you've already created the LCC's it will be a little tricker as you'll have to go through bunch of hidden files to sort this out.

On a general note, I got tired of how C1 handles (or inconsistently handles) logical/physical file locations. I started using bridge for all my sorting and cataloging and it has some nice features for previewing/selecting etc.

I then use C1 and sessions for processing and keep my sessions as tidy and self-contained as I can, including having all the RAW files for the session copied in there, even if I used a stock LCC. This keeps things idiot proof for me.

jagsiva

Some additional info...but now that I read your question about sorting by date, not sure if this can be done dynamically.

The presets are stored in:
Mac OS X: /Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/Capture One/Styles/Presets/LCC
Windows: /Users/[Your Username]/AppDate/Local/CaptureOne/Styles/Presets/LCC

The directories are likely hidden by default, so you need to either go directly to them, or enable viewing hidden files.

In the LCC preset directory, there are two files associated with each preset, a .copreset file and a .lcc file. Copy both into you new file structure and you should be good. I only have only setup a subdirectory structure under the existing preset directory structure. If you want to move it elsewhere, will need to figure it out.

Paul2660

That still better than the way I have done it. Just having them by lens, helps for sure, but as you point out, I can't move all the ones I have already done, or maybe I can if I go into the actual folder where the LCC's kept and create all the subfolders and move them. That might work.

Still would love to have the option to only see ones by a certain date as I take them on every shoot.

Just would save some time.

Paul

JoshBooth.CI

Paul, don't forget about the filters panel if you are looking at actual LCC files themselves... you can filter by date, lens data, keywords, etc. You can filter by multiple options by using the alt/option key and clicking on multiple categories. Otherwise I would organize them like jagsiva mentioned.

Is there a particular reason you need to access them by date? LCC's are not restricted to the date necessarily, but the lens/aperture/iso/sensor/sensor position combination. You can always shoot an LCC later as long as you still have the lens and sensor handy.

You should also have no problem navigating to the Trash folder. Simply click on the Trash folder entry under the Organization / Library tab to see the files you have sent to trash.

Also, jagsiva, there was a slight typo in your preset locations on windows.... it should be AppData, not AppDate. The easiest way to access this is to use the Windows button + R (for run dialog) then type %localappdata% to quickly bring up the AppData/Local folder.

CORRECT: Windows: /Users/[Your Username]/AppData/Local/CaptureOne/Styles/Presets/LCC

Paul2660

Josh,

Thanks, I by mistake hit the icon, which runs across the top, and had a series of images selected, which of course it deleted. I found them the hard way, I forgot to look where you pointed to.

I need to definitely get some kind of better organization for my LCC's.

Paul

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
The presets are stored in:
Mac OS X: /Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/Capture One/Styles/Presets/LCC

The directories are likely hidden by default, so you need to either go directly to them, or enable viewing hidden files.
on my mac the path is
/Users/[Your Username]/Library/Application Support/Capture One//Presets60/LCC/

The files are not hidden, but the user Library folder is not shown. Rather than enabling hidden files, all you have to do is hold the option key down while in the finder and select the Go menu ... the user library folder will be available to be opened.

Or you can select the Go To folder option in the go menu, and copy/paste the following to open the folder directly

~/Library/Application Support/Capture One/Presets60/LCC/