The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Let's begin a discussion on technical cameras

jlm

Workshop Member
one advantage to panos is you can use a longer fl lens, stitching together to get the same fov, typically with less geometric edge distortion, compared to single wider lens.

also i don't pay much attention to getting the exact nodal point for outdoor long distance shots, typically just centering the rotation axis somewhere under the rear of the lens

Paul2660

The only issue I have in the longer lens especially MF is the shallower DOF. My targets tend to be from 12 feet to infinity so I tend to use wides and tilt. I forgot to mention this before.

The ability to use tilt in a shifted pano ( short pan ) is that you can add in tilt which me me is a helpful often.

Paul