Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Medium format use: Is photoshop indispensable ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medium format use: Is photoshop indispensable ?

But...... What if Adode updates its software (full version not point version) what happens? Download new version and continue using under current supbscription?

Post Thanks / Like

Gazwas, I believe it is done by "application" and cross-platform wide so it wouldn't matter.
    For instance, I began subscriber service with CS6 paying about $10/month per 2 licenses. I am still paying exact same except the Application Manager has updated me all along the way with both incremental and full version updates/upgrades. I love it actually because of the cross platform thing. One subscription covers both a Mac and a PC with latest versions of CC in my studio.

Now, in case of ZA (Zombie Apocalypse) I believe my subscription can be put on "hibernate" whilst we all get things "sorted"
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Egor View Post
    Gazwas, I believe it is done by "application" and cross-platform wide so it wouldn't matter.
    For instance, I began subscriber service with CS6 paying about $10/month per 2 licenses. I am still paying exact same except the Application Manager has updated me all along the way with both incremental and full version updates/upgrades. I love it actually because of the cross platform thing. One subscription covers both a Mac and a PC with latest versions of CC in my studio.

Now, in case of ZA (Zombie Apocalypse) I believe my subscription can be put on "hibernate" whilst we all get things "sorted"
    Thanks for the reply, I'm going to download the trial to see how improved CC is over my current CS6 version of PS now I know if I decide to pay subscription and LR6 gets released I'll still get the latest version at no extra cost.

CC desktop thing installed and downloading PS now.......

Post Thanks / Like

Another cool thing you can do is disable it on one computer and enable it on another. So say its end of the day at work and you want to keep working on a file at home or on your laptop. No need to own extra subscriptions, just disable on your work machine and enable on your laptop (PC or Mac, whatever you got, same single subscription!)
    Its pretty helpful that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Photoshop will always be important to me with my workflow. Am I using Capture One as much as I can? Hell yes. The studio shot I'm working on of the Vespa I shot is going to be a multi shot composite (didn't have the right lighting gear...so I moved it around myself) and so a lot of nudging, liquifying, and so on has to be done.

But for my landscape work I mostly keep it all Capture One. The color management, local adjustments, the black and white tools, everything has improved to the point where you don't need NIK filters or anything like that. Unless you're really doing some compositing work, I'd say PS it not needed. (well, and panoramas, but there's other software out there that I just haven't tried yet, personally.)

There's a need, but indispensable really matters based on what you're shooting IMHO.
    Chris Valites
    Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration
    Email-Me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Egor View Post
    Another cool thing you can do is disable it on one computer and enable it on another. So say its end of the day at work and you want to keep working on a file at home or on your laptop. No need to own extra subscriptions, just disable on your work machine and enable on your laptop (PC or Mac, whatever you got, same single subscription!)
    Its pretty helpful that way.
    CS6 does the exact same thing, deactivate to use on different machines.

I'm going to have a play with CC2014 over the next few days but initial impressions are its fixed a few tiny bugs I have with CS6 but apart from that I'm not seeing anything better than what I already have with CS6. I'm still puzzled why so many feel the need to upgrade to this unless they were on a much older version of PS?

The only benefit I can see to CC is if I rarely use a piece of software I can rent it for a month when I need it rather than pay full for a seldom used app which is cool.

Maybe when Lightroom 6 gets released I'll change my mind and switch from using Capture One?