The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Blog

Scott Tansey

Hello Chris,

Most of the images were taken at Acadia National Park, but in the Scoodic Peninsula portion, which is about 2 hours from the main portion of the park near Bar Harbor.

Scott
scotttanseyphoto.com

Chris Valites

Hi Scott,

That's awesome. I love it up there. Is the Scoodic Peninsula the area you access via ferry? I went up there with someone I was seeing at the time and we almost ended up doing that by mistake...never trust GPS in New England...

Scott Tansey

Hello Chris,

I think you can access it by ferry. However, it is right off US 1. I accidentally drove there, before I realized that I missed the Bar Harbor turnoff. It is about two hours by car from Bar Harbor. I was fortunate that our group was able to stay at the Scoodic Institute. Made it much easier to get around. There is a wonderful loop in that section of Acadia National Park.

Scott
scotttanseyphoto.com

Chris Valites

I'm hoping I can get back up there next fall, I'll have to check out that section. Anything to avoid the majority of tourists...Cadillac was just awful looking when I was there in the peak season.