The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digitalback.com

f8orbust

No affiliation, but just noticed that CI have spun off their store from their main site to digitalback.com - full of DBs, Cambo, Alpa gear etc. all presented nicely, and with prices. The Alpa and Cambo sections are stuffed with goodies (only two things listed in the A/S section). Pricing of the Alpa gear seems to be at or below Linhof & Studio from what I could tell, so that's good.

Only negative I could see is that, other than Canada, you have to 'fill in a form' to order (and no, just in case you are wondering, it's not 1995). That said, if you live in Canada, you should probably fill in a form as well, since shipping on a cable release using the online quote was $175. Ouch.

Anyway, a nice site - but I'd hide your CC before visiting.

Jim

Steve Hendrix

No affiliation, but just noticed that CI have spun off their store from their main site to digitalback.com - full of DBs, Cambo, Alpa gear etc. all presented nicely, and with prices. The Alpa and Cambo sections are stuffed with goodies (only two things listed in the A/S section). Pricing of the Alpa gear seems to be at or below Linhof & Studio from what I could tell, so that's good.

Only negative I could see is that, other than Canada, you have to 'fill in a form' to order (and no, just in case you are wondering, it's not 1995). That said, if you live in Canada, you should probably fill in a form as well, since shipping on a cable release using the online quote was $175. Ouch.

Jim

Thanks for the heads up Jim.

This is of course a very recent development but one we have been working on for a very long time, and there are some people at CI who deserve a lot of credit for working very hard on this.

We've come a long way....

Capture Integration

With that said, we would love to hear feedback, and especially things that jump out both good and bad. It is always a work in progress.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Chris Valites

Jim
Hi Jim,

We actually just took a look at it and got it figured out; we've fixed shipping on our ALPA products to match ground shipping to Canada at $60 USD for the release and other similarily sized ALPA products, rather than the $175 you saw. Sorry about that! Should be good to go now though.

Steve Hendrix

i though it was for IQ... still i can't see it :)

And Chris has added additional wording in the header itself indicating for "Phase One and Mamiya Leaf P+/IQ/Credo".

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Please keep the eagle eye reports coming - it has taken a ton of work, and there are certainly more improvements, refinements, clarifications, additions, (subtractions?), etc, and is a work in progress.

All input is appreciated!

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Steve Hendrix

Will the 3400 mAh last much longer than the 2900 mAh?

I would expect a new 3400mAh to last 20% - ish longer than a new 2900mAh.

A new 3400mAh battery would last perhaps a good bit longer over a used 2900mAh, but there's not an exact formula.

Generally, more is better.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Pemihan

I have a clear feeling they last quite a bit longer.
With the 2900 I almost always use more than one a day, rarely with the 3400.

Paul2660

What you will see if on a CCD back is about 20% longer life non tethered, and about 40% longer tethered, at least from what I have seen with a IQ260. Not using 0 latency as that tend to suck down any battery quick.

From what I have read, on the CMOS backs, the difference is even more, but even the 2900's get much better life as the CMOS has much less drain than CCD.

All of the Phase/Canon style batteries tend to give a great first year, then trail off a bit in later years, but this tends to be true with all batteries.

Paul