Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideal MFD travel kit

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ideal MFD travel kit

Satybhat

Don't be too caught up on low light performance, I have been using mine every day for the last 4 months in the far North of Sweden, we didn't have sun for over a month and only an hour of lighter sky in the day, temperatures down to -35c and regularly below -20c, the S performed amazingly! Cloudy or shady is never going to be a problem, I do shoot a lot on a tripod when it's dark but normal day conditions are no problem at all.

I haven't tried the zoom so can't comment, it would be very interesting on the 007 when it's released, I would likely never take it off!

This is ISO 800, handheld, jumped out of the car, focussed and shot before they ran off, this is pretty much dark!

This is 4 seconds at ISO 800

This is ISO 400 in a horrific storm, handheld, no light and wide open with the 100

These are just personal shots processed in a way I like, I'm sure others would do things completely differently so please don't take this as me trying to show what the S can do, just what it can do for me.

Get one, shoot with it and enjoy!

Mat
    http://matrichardson.com/
    Workshops for 2018! http://www.matrichardson.com/workshops
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to thank everyone for their inputs here.
    After due consideration, I plonked down some hard cash (after getting rid of my entire M kit) into a Leica S(006) kit (70cs and 100 cron)
    I did handle the Pentax 645z as well, this seems like an impressive outfit, however I was completely floored by the handling of the Leica.
    I had an opportunity to compare two 36-24 prints of the same subject matter (landscape and portraits) done by the same lab and shot at identical times. While I do not wish to raise any controversy here, I must admit that despite the high resolution of Pentax and similar software conversions, print profiling etc, the Leica shots very marginally more pleasing to the eye.
    So thanks again, I'm off to Sydney tonight and will carry the S2+100 cron along !!!
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Congrats. You are happy and that's what counts.

Is there a way to elaborate on the lenses used on each system in the side by side shots and then printed 24x36?

Post Thanks / Like

120 Cs and 90 macro, I think