The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silo City Medium Format Workshop May 14-17, 2015

Digitalcameraman

DOWNLOAD WORKSHOP PDF

This is the prime opportunity to test drive medium format digital camera systems from Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, ALPA, Cambo and Leica in one workshop at an incredible location full of great photographic opportunities. Get hands-on setup and instruction for a variety of digital camera systems, tripods and portable lighting systems from Chris Snipes – who has over 20 years experience with the best digital cameras in the world. The Silo City workshop is a unique learning experience – all attendees will receive advanced training on technical camera systems AND granted access to premier loaner equipment to use during the workshop. The workshop offers a balance of hands-on instruction, location shooting and Capture One Pro training. Don’t miss this unique chance to work and learn from an outstanding team in an exclusive access location.

REGISTER NOW

Chris Valites

We need this type of low cost workshops in better locations like Iceland, Norway, Greenland, New Zealand!
The more people who are interested, the greater the chance we can do them! If we're guaranteed enough people we could explore the possibility in greater depth.

jagsiva

Count me in. I'll be happy to organize a trip in Canada - some pretty stunning landscapes here:) if anyone is interested.

Locations:
- Lake Superior - very unique landscape, will need to kayak for a lot of good spots
- Killarney, Algonquin & Temagami - where a lot of Group of 7 stuff was done - again quite unique
- Rockies - around Banff and the glaciers - pretty cool stuff too

Chris Valites

Count me in. I'll be happy to organize a trip in Canada - some pretty stunning landscapes here:) if anyone is interested.

Locations:
- Lake Superior - very unique landscape, will need to kayak for a lot of good spots
- Killarney, Algonquin & Temagami - where a lot of Group of 7 stuff was done - again quite unique
Hey, I love my hometown of Buffalo NY. People give it a lot of crap, but the Silo City area is pretty mind bogglingly industrial. Growing up, sneaking through there as a kid, it always reminded me of the movie "Metropolis" with Charlie Chaplin; huge nuts, bolts, and mysterious machines.

And if you sneak out of our workshop or get an extra day on either side, the art deco architecture from City Hall, Buffalo Central Terminal, or any of the gorgeous buildings from the '30s will get your Art Deco fix in for a while...

etrump

DOWNLOAD WORKSHOP PDF

This is the prime opportunity to test drive medium format digital camera systems from Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, ALPA, Cambo and Leica in one workshop at an incredible location full of great photographic opportunities. Get hands-on setup and instruction for a variety of digital camera systems, tripods and portable lighting systems from Chris Snipes – who has over 20 years experience with the best digital cameras in the world. The Silo City workshop is a unique learning experience – all attendees will receive advanced training on technical camera systems AND granted access to premier loaner equipment to use during the workshop. The workshop offers a balance of hands-on instruction, location shooting and Capture One Pro training. Don’t miss this unique chance to work and learn from an outstanding team in an exclusive access location.

REGISTER NOW

I'm totally in on this workshop. I'm going to follow Chris around, his shots of the hardware are incredible!

Locations:
And after Tahoe, Don can take us to Jackson Hole!

Subrata

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm totally in on this workshop. I'm going to follow Chris around, his shots of the hardware are incredible!
Cool workshop location - I'd be there in a heartbeat and wish I could attend. (I have to go to Croatia on a freebie at the exact same time - boohoo :p )

Should be some incredible opportunities for textures and industrial interest. Hope it's still around for a repeat visit later.

Chris Valites

Cool workshop location - I'd be there in a heartbeat and wish I could attend. (I have to go to Croatia on a freebie at the exact same time - boohoo :p )

Should be some incredible opportunities for textures and industrial interest. Hope it's still around for a repeat visit later.
Graham,

We were there last year, and this year's a followup. Fingers crossed for next year as well!

tsjanik

Hey, I love my hometown of Buffalo NY. People give it a lot of crap, but the Silo City area is pretty mind bogglingly industrial. Growing up, sneaking through there as a kid, it always reminded me of the movie "Metropolis" with Charlie Chaplin; huge nuts, bolts, and mysterious machines.

And if you sneak out of our workshop or get an extra day on either side, the art deco architecture from City Hall, Buffalo Central Terminal, or any of the gorgeous buildings from the '30s will get your Art Deco fix in for a while...
I'd love to go on this workshop, time was I drove past those silos every day. Unfortunately I have a commitment that weekend. Chris is right, don't underestimate the photographic possibilities in the area. Here are a couple from this winter: a shot of the ice mounds along the lake shore taken in January and Dunkirk harbor at -14F.

Wish I were going. Please post some shots! :watch:

Tom

Untitled_Panorama1 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

IMGP0140 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

PS I have no idea why these are posting as thumbnails. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Digitalcameraman

More images from Silo City

Phase One IQ260
Cambo RS1200 Rodenstock 40mm TS lens

DOWNLOAD WORKSHOP PDF

REGISTER NOW

Digitalcameraman

Silo City
Buffalo, NY

Mamiya Leaf Credo 50
Cambo RS1200 Rodenstock 40mm TS

DOWNLOAD WORKSHOP PDF

REGISTER NOW

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
On my way and looking forward to this week's CI workshop.

Let's see how well it suits my Cambo Actus DB+. Traveling light with just IQ150 & 32, 70, 135 Rodenstocks. Backup with RX1R II.