The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad GIL GPS

Laurent

Does anyone here have experience with the Hasselblad GIL GPS? Is it any good? Does it drain your battery quickly? Any feed-back would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Laurent

Miller

Hi Laurent,

I have the thingy attached all the time and I think it is very good.
The only bug is that the screw sometimes gets loose, and then it won't record the position.
When that happens, it can drain the battery even though the camera is switched off.

dave.gt

Reviving this old thread...

Anyone presently using the Gil GPS on their H or X1D cameras?

DBF

I use it since seven Years.
Works good - but sometimes it needs around five Minutes to lock-in.
The Screw does not hold good.
Take Care when You walk around with the Camera in Your Hand (or hanging on Your Neck) - I have lost the Gil two Times.
But found it going the Way back!

dave.gt

Thinking ahead, after this summer's pro bono Portraits of Healing schedule, I must travel the Blue Ridge for interesting places to shoot. Not that I can afford a Gil GPS right now, but I was wondering how folks are getting along with it. Other than the screw, it sounds like it is a good thing to use.:)

Miller

Well, there is no greater fun than loading the .KML file into Google Earth, to see what great locations you have missed :grin:.
I have never lost the Gil, but then I routinely check the screw tension.