Site Sponsors

Thread: C1 8.2 Color control/balance tool explained

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

C1 8.2 Color control/balance tool explained

Despite all the moan & groan from all of us about the DF, DB pricing, upgrade policies etc. etc., I have to admit that C1 is pretty f'n awesome!

...and always made better by measurable improvements and features in every release. I am always amazed when I go back and edit RAW files from version 3.x or 4.x with 8.x.

Color control like never before - The Image Quality Professor's Blog

This is the intro article on the same feature:
    http://blog.phaseone.com/color-grading-made-easy/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C1 8.2 Color control/balance tool explained

+1

Phase Ones crappy pricing in different countries (US & UK) made my blood boil and resulted in me not wanting to continue being a Phase user and I sold all my gear after 14 happy years.

Capture One in stark contrast is something I would struggle to ever to part with and it just keeps getting better. Sure the dark years of waiting an eternity between the transition between the magical version 3.7 and all new 4.5 Pro was difficult, then version 5 tether issues resulting in the most unstable program ever, however each version since has worked great. Version 8 is just amazing and the last update (8.2) with the new colour grading tool is just amazing.

I did use the colour wheel in previous versions of C1 on a rare occasion but this new tool is now a permanent tool in my Quick tool tab and use it on every shot to perfect the look of my files - impressive stuff!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

On the topic of the history of Capture One, including that awkward v3 to v4 transition period...

https://fstoppers.com/composite/buil...volution-48435
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gazwas View Post
    +1

Phase Ones crappy pricing in different countries (US & UK) made my blood boil and resulted in me not wanting to continue being a Phase user and I sold all my gear after 14 happy years.

Capture One in stark contrast is something I would struggle to ever to part with and it just keeps getting better. Sure the dark years of waiting an eternity between the transition between the magical version 3.7 and all new 4.5 Pro was difficult, then version 5 tether issues resulting in the most unstable program ever, however each version since has worked great. Version 8 is just amazing and the last update (8.2) with the new colour grading tool is just amazing.

I did use the colour wheel in previous versions of C1 on a rare occasion but this new tool is now a permanent tool in my Quick tool tab and use it on every shot to perfect the look of my files - impressive stuff!
    Our software support tech is absolutely bananas about this new tool; he's been using it for split toning on his images and cannot stop raving about it. Hands down one of our favorite additions to Capture One. You can see more in detail about it here: https://captureintegration.com/a-clo...-new-features/

Another fave from this update? Reiszable curves and color correction tabs. You just need to drag the tool out and resize away!
    Chris Valites
    Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration
    Email-Me