The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

203FE

richardman

I know it's only the price of a Leica S lens cap, but I just splurge on a 203FE+80/2.8fe combo. The most expensive camera I ever bought was the Leica M9. This would be the 2nd most expensive I suppose...

Strictly film only because I am poor... I do feel a bit like stepping into some kind of inferno.

SHV

" I do feel a bit like stepping into some kind of inferno."
Next step is the 110mm f2 which may be, from a purely logical point of view, the only reason to own the 203FE instead of a 500 series. Then, of course there is the 150 f2.8 FE, then a 45 degree prism, etc., etc.

Steve

richardman

I have the 110/F2 in an "installment plan." Probably no other fast (C)F(E) lens though. Slower lens would work.

Thomas73

" I do feel a bit like stepping into some kind of inferno."
Next step is the 110mm f2 which may be, from a purely logical point of view, the only reason to own the 203FE instead of a 500 series. Then, of course there is the 150 f2.8 FE, then a 45 degree prism, etc., etc.

Steve
Then, the fabulous 60-120/4.8, then the 50/2.8 (beloved by the NASA), then the exceptional & scarce TPP 300/2.8... :D I jumped into the 200 series (with a 203FE as well) 10 years ago for the 60-120 lens (and also for the 110/2). This zoom is exceptionally cheap nowadays!

tjv

If only Hasselblad didn't develop the 200 series further, eh? Imagine an autofocus 203/205, with Zeiss lenses and full communication with a digital back? Focal plane and central shutters... Man...

SHV

"Then, the fabulous 60-120/4.8,"
Somehow I have missed that one. Why fabulous??

Steve

mathomas

Focal plane hassies are great. I have a 2000FCW and a 201F. I also have the 110/2, 50/2.8 and 150/2.8. The 50 is a monster. I seldom carry it, and instead carry the 60/3.5 (CF) lens, which I love.