The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SK 40-80mm Sample Images

triangle

A 50mm long exposure (3mins) using the SK 40-80mm on an IQ260. I'll post more images at varying focal lengths as they emerge.

Christopher

Nice, what are your thoughts on the lens ? How does it perform? I'm quite interested in that lens once Phase get their act together with a new body. So far I haven't seen any reviews or many samples from that lens.

Anyone else has any experience with a 80mp back on it ?

Thanks

jagsiva

Curious as to how this compares with the 45/55/80 Phase primes. Tech lens comparison would be even better :)

triangle

Nice, what are your thoughts on the lens ? How does it perform? I'm quite interested in that lens once Phase get their act together with a new body. So far I haven't seen any reviews or many samples from that lens.

Anyone else has any experience with a 80mp back on it ?

Thanks
It's still early days though that should be sorted soon as have seven days dedicated to photography in Tasmania coming up next month. However, my initial experience is very positive. I'm not much for pixel peeping so I won't go there but the images I am getting with the lens are very sharp across the focal range (maybe a bit less so at the long end), the colour rendition is spectacular and there is a 3d quality to the image. The images just seem to pop. It's a very nice lens and I'd say it's delivering at or very close to prime quality at 50mm, where I have most of my experience so far.

tcdeveau

Thanks for posting impressions, etc...looking forward to seeing more images at some point

I am also curious about performance on an 80mp back if anyone out there has any experience

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I only found pictures taken at f/11, and all lenses give good results at f/11. Could we have pictures taken at other apertures?
Yes, the inventory of raw file catalog we have diligently built up includes a full aperture sweep, including a comparison to the 45mm, 80LS.

We did the following tests that day:
- 45mm D aperture sweep
- 80mm LS aperture sweep
- 40-80 LS @ 45mm, aperture sweep, IQ260
- 40-80 LS @ 45mm, aperture sweep, IQ250
- 40-80 LS @ 45mm, shutter speed sweep (to evaluate shutter bounce)
- 45mm, shutter speed sweep (to evaluate shutter bounce)
- Variety of hand held shots at various apertures/focal-lengths

Of the 50 test files we shot that day we prepped 6 for posting to our blog and hosted publicly for download. We have the remainder in our raw file catalog for any of our customers to request.